Home »  » Bug Reporting » I just can't upload a model
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
I just can't upload a model [message #91742] Wed, 11 June 2014 12:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar night  is currently offline night
Go to all my models
No matter when or what I try, I just can't seem to get anything uploaded. I tried different times and days, different browsers, but to no succes.
File size is 78,5mb. When I try to upload, the browser wheel or status bar (on Safari and Firefox) keeps spinning for 5 to 10 minutes before it lets me know
that 'the server unexpectedly dropped the connection.' ALWAYS. Never have this issues with competitor, everything goes smooth and flawless with them.

ps. Just tried to upload to competitor, and it's already uploading as I write! What's wrong with Shapeways?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 June 2014 13:00 UTC] by Moderator

Re: I just can't upload a model [message #91744 is a reply to message #91742 ] Wed, 11 June 2014 13:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Quote:

File size is 78.5mb

That's your problem right there - upload limit is 64mb (and/or 1 million triangles) - you must zip your file to get it to upload.
Re: I just can't upload a model [message #91745 is a reply to message #91742 ] Wed, 11 June 2014 13:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Can you share the file so we can investigate?
If you don't want to make it public, my email is in my signature, you can email it to me.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: I just can't upload a model [message #91747 is a reply to message #91745 ] Wed, 11 June 2014 13:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar night  is currently offline night
Go to all my models
Youknowwho4eva wrote on Wed, 11 June 2014 13:02

Can you share the file so we can investigate?
If you don't want to make it public, my email is in my signature, you can email it to me.

Thank you both for your reply. Let me first try to zip the file and see if this will work! Thanks.

Previous Topic:favorites overflow?
Next Topic:Banner !@#$%^&* -- 06/06=FIXED!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.