Quality American Design & Modeling - via SolidWorks & Cinema4D

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 6187_deleted, May 26, 2014.

1. 6187_deleted
    6187_deleted Member
    I've been using Solidworks for about 15 years, Cinema 4D for a little more than 5 years. Mostly it's been props from science fiction and fantasy video games, but also a substantial amount of pure mechanical work for hobby robotics.

A few years ago I worked at a TechShop, teaching classes on and maintaining about 7 different CNC machines. Since, I've been programming and operating CNC machines in traditional manufacturing settings. More recently, I've been collaborating with prop builders by using Shapeways to print initial high-quality mold masters- going directly to finish sanding saves them a lot of time.

The work I produce is solid, detailed, and purposeful.
    Napkin sketches, general ideas, or specific photographic references are all that's needed for me to build from. Designs can incorporate non-3D-printing processes; CNC milling, and laser/plasma/router cutting, as well as fasteners and off-the-shelf hardware and parts. If desired for mechanical parts, some FEA and mass properties calculations can be supplied- and parts optimized for.

Both artistic and mechanical parts can be produced. I'm specifically interested in generative or procedural part post-processing - voronei lightening, etc. I can optimize parts for volume, and I understand and follow best practices with regards to material-specific geometry.

I'm a native English speaker, with moderate proficiency in Spanish.

Please contact me for a quote with information about your project.

Below are some examples of my work.

9523863809_ab43dd0d51_b.jpg

9601617155_0ed7e7ea2a_b.jpg

8290105906_4b742e0634_b.jpg

8290153554_4f8fa71250_b.jpg

9137728903_69c389d765_b.jpg