Home » Support » 3D Design » Another non-manifold problem
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Another non-manifold problem [message #9308] Wed, 27 January 2010 18:51 UTC Go to next message
avatar EpicentrE  is currently offline EpicentrE
Go to all my models
Hey everyone,

This is the chassis for my latest antweight fighting robot (similar to my friend Andrew Hibberd, whose creations you might've seen on the Shapeways blog), and after fixing a couple of non-manifold and non-watertight errors, Shapeways is still telling me that there's a manifold problem, even though Accutrans and Meshlab both say they can't find any problems with it.

If anyone could take a look and advise me on what the problem is, I'd be most greatful.

Thanks in advance.

• Attachment: Chassis5.STL
    (Size: 925.86KB, Downloaded 34 time(s))

Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9309 is a reply to message #9308 ] Wed, 27 January 2010 19:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
What software are you using. My software is having troubles with your stl. Meshlab had no problem opening it. I'm currently trying saving it as a different file name in meshlab and seeing if it will open in KeyCreator now. But KC doesn't like stl's much any way.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9310 is a reply to message #9308 ] Wed, 27 January 2010 19:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Solidworks, but It's been opened and re-saved in Meshlab to repair some of the holes I had before.

[Updated on: Wed, 27 January 2010 19:54 UTC]

Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9311 is a reply to message #9308 ] Wed, 27 January 2010 20:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Oh, I can directly import sw if you want to send me that. I figured out my stl problem this time. I was importing as a solid, so there must be an issue when it tried stitching it

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9319 is a reply to message #9308 ] Wed, 27 January 2010 23:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
Razz

• Attachment: Chassis5.stl
    (Size: 1.03MB, Downloaded 94 time(s))

Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9338 is a reply to message #9308 ] Thu, 28 January 2010 13:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Ah you fixed it? I ran out of time yesterday to work on it. Ida had it soon though Razz

michael@shapeways.com
Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9395 is a reply to message #9308 ] Fri, 29 January 2010 19:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Here's my fixed high res stl.

• Attachment: Chassis5.STL
    (Size: 46.23MB, Downloaded 87 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 29 January 2010 20:08 UTC]

Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9450 is a reply to message #9308 ] Mon, 01 February 2010 11:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
crsdfr: I really appreciate the assistance, but some of the geomtry on the STL you uploaded has got a bit deformed in a few places (near the front, where it goes pointy).

Youknowwho4eva: Thanks ever so much for all your help, that hi-res STL looks perfect, and uploaded fine as well.

Thanks again for the help; I love how helpful the community is here Smile.
Re: Another non-manifold problem [message #9459 is a reply to message #9308 ] Mon, 01 February 2010 15:14 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
And just under the limit of size and polygons for Shapeways Very Happy.
Not a problem. Without help the world of 3D can be very confusing. I've been doing it for years, and even now looking at different software is like looking into another universe.

michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Rhino 3D Help
Next Topic:help with my image

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.