Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Site bug!!!! - disappearing models - FIXED
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90208 is a reply to message #90207 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 12:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MarkTheCuriousInventor  is currently offline MarkTheCuriousInventor
Go to my shop
When I click 'update file' in your 'ready to order' email, the model reappears in 'my models' and after turning the public display off and on again, the model reappears in my shop (after a minute).

So for everybody out there that has hundreds of models that turned invisible, are financially dependent on their shops and reputation and really cannot wait until SW solved the bug: happy clicking!

By the way, I really am impressed with the guys at support: When I sent an email this morning, support mailed me back in 5 minutes, telling me they're on it. That's pretty quick!

Good luck bug-fixing :)
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90212 is a reply to message #90208 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 13:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar numarul7  is currently offline numarul7
Go to my shop
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090920192843/gremlins/images/f/fa/Gizmo.PNG

Me Gizmo! Me ask you don`t give me water!!! I get angry!!!

numarul7 jewelry and design
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90228 is a reply to message #90212 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 14:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GInSpace76  is currently offline GInSpace76
Go to my shop
Thanks for addressing this issue. I'm wary of uploading new models at this point. Will very recent model uploads be clobbered if/when older ones that had "vanished" from display are restored?

Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90229 is a reply to message #90228 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 15:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi GInSpace76,

You can upload new models without any problems :) it won't cause any issues after we have fixed the display issues for the older models.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90233 is a reply to message #90229 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 16:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tebee  is currently offline tebee
Go to my shop
Suff has also disappeared out of shop sections too - this https://www.shapeways.com/model/1310392 has dissapeared from section https://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?section=009+underframe s+&s=0 although it's still in this section https://www.shapeways.com/shops/tebee?sort=name&s=180&am p;section=OO9%28British%29#more-products and the page for it is still there.

Tom

Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90239 is a reply to message #90233 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I know nothing about how the website was implemented, but I wonder if this is related to whatever "push process" is used to propagate data about a model to other parts of the site. Maybe something in that part of the plumbing "pushed" that some models shouldn't be reachable through certain paths when they in fact should.

I'm a software developer by trade, but obviously on this site, I can only make observations as a user. :)
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90240 is a reply to message #90233 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Barratomica  is currently offline Barratomica
Go to my shop
Some one seems to be uploading multiple pictures to the site - check the Feed page. The same thing was going on at this time yesterday.

Coincidence ?

Jb

Barratomica
Re: Site bug!!!! - disappearing models - [message #90241 is a reply to message #90128 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 17:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tjsolo  is currently offline Tjsolo
Go to my shop
I like the message from someone who said they went to the bathroom and got sick when they saw their models where gone, came back and found this forum haha.. I myself went and smoke 4 cigs , stressed out , and then found this also , Shapeways is always really good at responding / fixing these things quickly :)

Tj Solo
Re: Site bug!!!! - disappearing models - [message #90256 is a reply to message #90241 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 19:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
The first post in this thread was made about 19 hours ago, so the problem has been ongoing for at least that long. Are there any updates? Just curious...
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90258 is a reply to message #90240 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 19:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Barratomica wrote on Thu, 22 May 2014 17:21

Some one seems to be uploading multiple pictures to the site - check the Feed page. The same thing was going on at this time yesterday.

Nothing to do with that.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90283 is a reply to message #90258 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 22:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jlevine  is currently offline jlevine
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys,

First of all, its been quite a day for us over here. We've been working non-stop to bring all the search functions back to normal and we appreciate your patience and humor as we make progress. I especially like the gremlins gifs - very appropriate!

So here's whats up: No data is missing.

We are piloting a new feature (new feature X) internally that is really awesome. I cannot share details about the feature itself, but I can tell you it adds data to our core search document structure and that change started this bug.

Our search technology powers all our galleries, shops, mymodels and most other places that show lists of models. All models that are going to be a part of new feature X got an updated document in the search index, but there was an unexpected side effect that made them hidden. The backups of the index will not work with the current live website code - we want to move forward and fix the issue.

To get it working we have two paths:
1) Incrementally index each model that has been hidden from the index (ETA 5h - in progress)
- we manually triggered all models in shops to be added back as visible into search - this process takes time but it should help.
2) Full reindex all models (ETA 4.5h - in progress)
- this is our normal route to get new data into our search index, but new feature X caused it to barf RIGHT AT THE END!!!!!! TWICE!!!!!!!
- we have put extra measures into the reindexing code to prevent the last-minute barfing <GREMLIN> but we are still waiting for this process to finish.

The end result is that you guys had a soul-crushing day without your models displaying in shops, worrying that models might be missing, and generally feeling angst and showing fangs to Shapeways.

As soon as we have a final fix up and running, we'll post back to this thread.

I hope this view into the issue and this joke will help ease some of the frustation you experienced today:

https://i.imgflip.com/90iv3.jpg

VP of Engineering | Shapeways
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90284 is a reply to message #90283 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 22:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar KokodaTrailModels  is currently offline KokodaTrailModels
Go to my shop
I like it. Good work so far. Identifying the root problem is always a massive headache.

However, I can't help but feel like this could have been prevented if we didn't feed our Mogwai after midnight. It's always the start of problems. :)
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90285 is a reply to message #90283 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 22:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HOLDEN8702  is currently offline HOLDEN8702
Go to my shop
I'm thinking...

What gonna happen when Shapeways reach the 2 Millions of models?

There's a probability of a 2 millions evil effect?

The molecules and atoms of our beloved models losing cohesion, all our models transmuting in clones of Doge dog, and the sintering machines getting conscience and making huge armies of WSF terminators that rules and extinguish the human race, converting the designers in slaves who design till falling death...
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90288 is a reply to message #90285 ] Thu, 22 May 2014 22:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
When 2.000.000 model is reached we meet my little ...brother Stripe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

index.php?t=getfile&id=60221&private=0

He got feature X ..with triple X :D

[Updated on: Thu, 22 May 2014 22:55 UTC]

Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90298 is a reply to message #90207 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 01:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
8:30pm CDT (1:30am UTC)- many of the models that were missing from my shop are now showing again.
There ARE still some models that I had previously deleted, and those are still present - the update is obviously still going, but I understand that those as well will be taken care of with the re-indexing.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 May 2014 01:35 UTC]

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90299 is a reply to message #90298 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 01:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Same here too ... there are still some gremlins there.

They eating popcorn and seeing X-MEN!

Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90300 is a reply to message #90299 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 02:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kitcase  is currently offline kitcase
Go to my shop
There is a printer Deity!

Models showing up again... mayhem.

Still down 1 model, but it was the one I was working on when the """" hit the fan.

Thanks all for improving the site - I mean it. Just in the past 4-6 months the site is much better! Then there was today...:)

Hang in there.

C

kit-case
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90301 is a reply to message #90300 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 02:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you, Shapeways support team, for working diligently on this issue! Much appreciated! :)

I should 3D-print a thumbs-up. :)
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90303 is a reply to message #90301 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 02:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bobbiethejean  is currently offline Bobbiethejean
Go to my shop
Whoo! What a relief! Models have reappeared!
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90309 is a reply to message #90303 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 05:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I only want to say

THANKS!!!!!

Well, we all know that you could fix it in a few minutes, but that you really like to introduce a little drama to your work and so we loved you much...

very grateful to the technical team, your work is very valuable for us!

Best regards

Luis
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90310 is a reply to message #90309 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 05:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
OK you guys - thanks for your kind words - our restore efforts are complete and all models should be showing correctly in search, shops, mymodels, galleries, etc.

Please speak up if you see any more gremlins - PM me on here or @heavypennies on twitter if you want to chat :)

http://global3.memecdn.com/gremlins_o_1196655.jpg

Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90311 is a reply to message #90310 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 06:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Coming soon:

The 2 millions Effect. Return of the Gremlins.

Next premiere in all Shapies screens.
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90312 is a reply to message #90311 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 06:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Problem seems to be that the gremlins wet themselves about every other thursday. 3d-printed diapers anyone ?
(Or is it that developers return home very late after particularly invasive site updates, and then feed their pets as usual ?)
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90313 is a reply to message #90312 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 06:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/elanortook/gifs/gremlin.gif

Could not resist to post this picture

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Site bug!!!! [message #90326 is a reply to message #90313 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 13:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mechanoid  is currently offline Mechanoid
Go to my shop
I'm shocked.

index.php?t=getfile&id=60255&private=0

Appears nothing is missing.

Where's my gum leaves at now?

I.D.I.C. = Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations
Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90351 is a reply to message #90310 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 23:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I get forever loading on uploading a file
index.php?t=getfile&id=60306&private=0

Chrome Browser

• Attachment: Bug.png
    (Size: 212.19KB, Downloaded 121 time(s))

Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90352 is a reply to message #90351 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 23:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tjsolo  is currently offline Tjsolo
Go to my shop
Lol.. Yea , I was just starting to wonder myself.. nothing is uploading for me either, also google chrome.

Tj Solo
Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90353 is a reply to message #90352 ] Fri, 23 May 2014 23:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys, we've got some services not responding in model processing - checking.

J

Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90354 is a reply to message #90353 ] Sat, 24 May 2014 00:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Yeah there are some chemicals involved ...

index.php?t=getfile&id=60307&private=0

On Minimal House Beat!!!

Sorry for being the bug reporter! =))) I catch gremlins!

• Attachment: Vv5KxRa.gif
    (Size: 924.10KB, Downloaded 107 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 24 May 2014 00:05 UTC]

Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90355 is a reply to message #90354 ] Sat, 24 May 2014 00:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
OK guys - looks like our message queue got tired - we gave it some love and it is back up and processing 500+ uploads in the queue :)

Ping back here if something new happens!

Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90356 is a reply to message #90355 ] Sat, 24 May 2014 00:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Gizmo reporting : Gremlins are alive!

Still happening the upload thingy!

o.O dat gremlionzis

And the Wall Thickness Check tool it is "loading" forever too..

GREMLIN FEEVAARRR!

index.php?t=getfile&id=60308&private=0

• Attachment: gizmo-gif.gif
    (Size: 2.14MB, Downloaded 83 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 24 May 2014 01:12 UTC]

Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90357 is a reply to message #90356 ] Sat, 24 May 2014 02:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ok now works flawless! No gremlins!!!

:D

Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90944 is a reply to message #90357 ] Sun, 01 June 2014 12:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Narada_Dan_Vantari  is currently offline Narada_Dan_Vantari
Go to my shop
Feature request:
One click - Backup all my models with text, images, and all other settings, zip it and download it to my computer.
One click - restore my shop ...

Any chance of this happening ?

Sacred Geometry is the study of the fundamental forms of space and time to reveal the secrets of the physical and spiritual worlds. It is a key to good Science, a secret of great Art, and a much needed common ground for the worlds multifarious religions. www.SacredGeometryWeb.com
Re: Site bug!!!! Gremlins still there [message #90953 is a reply to message #90944 ] Sun, 01 June 2014 15:10 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
The original issue here was models that had "disappeared" - in other words "not visible" - not that they had been deleted. Restoring models from such a backup would have only caused duplication.

It would be best if such enhancement suggestions were made over in the "Suggestions" part of the forum. To that end, I've created this thread. Let's move the discussion of a backup over there.

[Updated on: Sun, 01 June 2014 15:11 UTC]

Pages (2): [ «    1  2] 

Previous Topic:Help! Default Material won't change!
Next Topic:Text looks wrong on the site at one page.

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.