Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Website suggestion
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Website suggestion [message #89869] Sat, 17 May 2014 15:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar sirenwerks  is currently offline sirenwerks
Go to all my models
How about adding a button for Private Messaging on the toolbar at the top of your website? The more I use Shapeways as a customer the more I find myself needing it and the only way to access it, it seems, is to go to a product page and then PM the designer and then click to the PM site where messages are stored. Sometimes I come onto the site just to check my PMs and that round-about route to find them is a pain. Best if I could just click a link at the top of the homepage.

Bryan
Re: Website suggestion [message #89871 is a reply to message #89869 ] Sat, 17 May 2014 16:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
sirenwerks wrote on Sat, 17 May 2014 15:15

the only way to access it, it seems, is to go to a product page and then PM the designer and then click to the PM site where messages are stored.

Choosing "Forums", where you will find the "Private Messaging" link right on top should be a bit easier than your method unless you do not know the username of the person you want to PM... Not sure if it belongs in the already quite crowded toolbar, but perhaps as an additional option in the avatar
menu near the current "Notifications" entry?

Previous Topic:Automated Wall Thickness Check
Next Topic:Models Disappearing From Users' Accounts?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.