First winner picked contest!: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Youknowwho4eva, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The winner of our shot glass contest, Gijs Ravensbergen, has the honor of selecting the next weekend contest!

[​IMG]
    Soccer ball pendant by marek3ball

Gijs has selected the 2014 World Cup, that's being held in Brazil as his topic for this weeks contest. So lets see what you can come up with to commemorate this global event!

The rules:
    - Has to be awesome
    - Has to be completed by April 23th, when we will judge the contest and announce the winners
    - Must be your own model, but it can be something you've already been working on

What's up for grabs?

-$50 in Shapeways cash to the first place winner
    -$10 in Shapeways cash to the most unexpected, crazy off the wall idea we see

Cheers & Happy Shaping!

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Pretty sure the ip of the Football World Cup is owned by FIFA - are you sure this competition is pukka?

3. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Great question!

The answer is yes as long as you don't use any of their copyrights in your design. (let's not use their logo for instance)

This is a contest about SWAG - so, fan art mostly!

4. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Even the title of the competition would seem to be covered...

5. Gijsraaf
    Gijsraaf Member
    Hi all. I am very honored that I could choose this weeks topic for the contest. I hope that there will be as many entries as last week..

I designed this flipflop pendant with studs. Like a football shoe but for Brazilians.

I'm mot sure if I can attend but than maybe it is nice for some inspiration..

Good luck everybody :)

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

6. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Only just seen this. Hope it's not too late! I made this desktop piece and have one with pretty much all the big teams in my store.

This model is available here: http://shpws.me/owvu

world cup.jpg

7. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Same as... only just seen this comp.

This is the sort of thing that could be included in a (properly formatted) weekly newsletter.

Paul

p,s, Happy St. George's Day

8. Gijsraaf
    Gijsraaf Member
    yes I agree! newsletter or mentioning the competition on the homepage will increase the participation. It is a fun item and this encourages people to engage and focus on a certain topic.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I know it's been a little while, but we've picked our winner! lensmans desktop piece.

10. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    And thanks for the promotion reminder guys, I've been promoting the panels contest on Twitter, and will see if we can include it in the newsletter next time!

:)
    Here's the panels contest for this week!

11. EricHo
    EricHo Well-Known Member
    This is great, it would look better with TEAM USA :)

Awesome design.

12. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Last edited: May 7, 2014