Home » Shapeways » Shapeways & Shapies in Your Region » Scottish, Irish and British Shapies
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #87517] Tue, 08 April 2014 21:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar SavIsSavvy  is currently offline SavIsSavvy
Go to my shop
Big thanks to everyone who came out in Galway, London & Edinburgh to meet with me on the UK & Ireland Roadshow! It was an incredible series of events and I look forward to watching you all continue the conversation here :)

[Updated on: Fri, 11 April 2014 17:47 UTC]

Savannah, your Shop Owner Coach/Global Community Manager
Re: Scottish Shapies [message #87745 is a reply to message #87517 ] Fri, 11 April 2014 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mingles  is currently offline mingles
Go to my shop
Fantastic article Savannah! Thanks for coming up, I had a really brilliant time! Hope yourself and Stephen got back to the US safe! Will be in touch in the next couple of months as regards to your opinion on how I plan to redo my shop photos...
Re: Scottish Shapies [message #87755 is a reply to message #87745 ] Fri, 11 April 2014 17:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
So great to meet you all as well! Such a fun meetup. Glad you enjoyed the blog :). Stephen and I got home safe, but miss you all already!

Looking forward to seeing how your shop evolves, I'm always here to help! Be sure and get together with other 3D Modelers there in Edinburgh, maybe even at your school?

Cheers,
Savannah

Re: Scottish Shapies [message #87759 is a reply to message #87755 ] Fri, 11 April 2014 20:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PaulDunne  is currently offline PaulDunne
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hi Savannah,

Thanks for the meetup, it was great fun and thanks for making me education and crew ambassador for Dublin! :) I've been teaching classmates some 3d Printing skills and tips. My project collaborating with the visually impaired is going nicely, I'll be ordering some prototype prints soon for it soon. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Paul,
Re: Scottish Shapies [message #87939 is a reply to message #87759 ] Wed, 16 April 2014 11:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi all British Shapies, I was sorry to miss the meet up in Edinburgh, totally exhausted after meeting with Savannah earlier :). I'm in Glasgow, please feel free to message me for what ever 3D printing reason, I'm happy to meetup to show prints and share modelling processes
Look forward to hearing from you.
Vijay

<a href="https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dotsan" target="_blank"></a>

[Updated on: Sun, 08 June 2014 09:36 UTC]

Flikr Buttons Buttons tumblr-01 Buttons Buttons
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #88167 is a reply to message #87517 ] Mon, 21 April 2014 12:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ruud.Muijzenberg  is currently offline Ruud.Muijzenberg
Go to my shop
Hi UK Shapies,

This weekend we're heading to Newcastle for the Newcastle Maker Faire. Of course we want to grab a few pints with you, so we scheduled a Meetup on Friday evening as pre-event of the Maker Faire.

RSVP here and join us at the beautiful Revolution bar. Let us know if you're attending the Newcastle Maker Faire as well!

Cheers, Ruud
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #88274 is a reply to message #87517 ] Tue, 22 April 2014 15:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
BUMP!

We still have space if you'd like to join our booth in Newcastle - come and show off your designs or just hang out with the Shapeways team!

Hope to see you there :-)

Ex-Shapeways Community Manager <3
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #88713 is a reply to message #88274 ] Mon, 28 April 2014 21:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mygadgetlife  is currently offline mygadgetlife
Go to my shop
Knowledge Expert
Hi Natalia,

I'd like to thank again Ruud, Ralph, Alan and Ryan for being so welcoming and making my contribution to the Shapeways booth at Newcastle on Saturday look so amazing! The star of my table was Minecraft Steve, even though he's not (IMHO) that great a model! (my colouring is a bit off lol!)

Steven

index.php?t=getfile&id=58245&private=0

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 79.75KB, Downloaded 371 time(s))

Come join my 3D printing adventures over at facebook.com/mygadgetlife
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #88739 is a reply to message #88713 ] Tue, 29 April 2014 12:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ruud.Muijzenberg  is currently offline Ruud.Muijzenberg
Go to my shop
Thank you Steven for joining us! Really happy you were able to join our booth :-)

Cheers, Ruud
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #95021 is a reply to message #88739 ] Thu, 31 July 2014 09:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar forwardmodels  is currently offline forwardmodels
Go to all my models
Hello British Shapies! I am looking for some help to produce a short run of scale model buses. I would love to develop my own skills and equipment but I have a business to run!
I make diecast models but I have to do large runs which I have to sell in large quantities. But, there are some models I want to make but I know i will only sell a few. I need a CAD expert and 3D printer to help me produce short runs of 50 models of a single decker bus (for starters). Just one would do for a start!
I attach a photo of the full size model. I would like one at 1:76 scale which makes it about 10cm long. It does not have to be one-piece. A separate chassis and body with additional small components like a radiator, wheels etc might be preferable.
I don't mind where you are but I am based in London...
I am Perek Perry of www.forwardmodels.net.

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #95523 is a reply to message #95021 ] Thu, 07 August 2014 07:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi,

you might get a better response if you post this in the 'Modellers Needed' section of the Forums .... good luck.
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #96172 is a reply to message #95021 ] Thu, 14 August 2014 10:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi I'd like to help you in creating your models, I've created buses and other vehicles for many clients please look at my folio herehttps://www.flickr.com/photos/dotsan/ and client reviews here https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1584& amp;start=0& . What I would need are dimensioned drawings.
Please get back to me with any questions, I'm based in Glasgow.
Regards
Vijay

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #98140 is a reply to message #96172 ] Mon, 08 September 2014 08:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Knowledge Expert
Morning all,

I'd be happy to organise an informal Shapeways meetup in Glasgow at some time during October.

For a location, I think the Doocot café/bar at The Lighthouse would be perfect; I'm thinking 12pm on a Saturday - the café closes at 4.30pm so plenty of time for a chat over drinks.

If there is any interest, or anyone has any comments, please post here or PM me.

Steven

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #98379 is a reply to message #98140 ] Wed, 10 September 2014 23:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ooh yes! That would be great Steven. @Dotsan should join you, as I'm working on the video we shot in Scotland (finally) now! It could be the Scottish world premiere!

So wish I could be there...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 September 2014 23:07 UTC]

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #98444 is a reply to message #98379 ] Thu, 11 September 2014 21:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar EleanorW  is currently offline EleanorW
Go to all my models
Hi, Everyone!

If there are any designers in the London area who are interested in potentially showing off their home/decor products at the Maker Carousel at the 100% Design event in London September 17 to 20, please let me know and I will connect you to the organizer. It would be a wall showcasing 3D printed pieces - they are interested in showing off the 3D printed possibilities offered by Shapeways.
Thanks!
Eleanor

Eleanor, Shapeways Community Outreach Coordinator
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #98602 is a reply to message #98140 ] Mon, 15 September 2014 13:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Steven, I missed the Edinburgh meetup, I'm up for a Glasgow meet one
Cheers
Vijay

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101052 is a reply to message #98602 ] Sat, 11 October 2014 08:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar danielmcinally  is currently offline danielmcinally
Go to my shop
Hi Steven and Vijay,

I have just come across this thread. I am also based in Glasgow and would love to meet like minded locals to bounce ideas off. As there is still a bit of October left, would you still be keen on meeting up this month? Last Saturday of the month, the 25th would work for me, or alternatively any evening after 6.

Thanks,

Danny
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101057 is a reply to message #101052 ] Sat, 11 October 2014 10:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Knowledge Expert
Hi Danny, Vijay,

Apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner, some things just get in the way sometimes!

But the 25th is good for me. I proposed the Lighthouse, so I'll stick with that; the Doocot cafe from around 12pm for the meet plus a light lunch etc.

Let me know if you can make it.

Regards,
Steven

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101059 is a reply to message #101057 ] Sat, 11 October 2014 10:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Great, see you at the Lighthouse on the 25th.
Vijay

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101106 is a reply to message #101059 ] Sun, 12 October 2014 21:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar danielmcinally  is currently offline danielmcinally
Go to my shop
Sounds good!

Look forward to meeting you.

Danny
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101759 is a reply to message #101106 ] Sat, 25 October 2014 20:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Great to meet you guys in person and see your designs, I look forward to seeing how they develop for the next time.
Cheers
Vijay

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101777 is a reply to message #87517 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar __DF__  is currently offline __DF__
Go to my shop
Knowledge Expert
Shapeways Crew
Hi everyone, just wanted to subscribe to this topic. I have a friend who lives in London and wants to join an upcoming Shapeways event/meetup. I'll do my best to inform him.

Regards,
DF

Shapeways Shop | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Tumblr | Vimeo
Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #101785 is a reply to message #101759 ] Sun, 26 October 2014 18:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Knowledge Expert
Hi,

Yes great to meet Vijay & Danny - plenty of ideas exchanged and loads of enthusiasm from everyone for 3D printing. Keep it up!

Steven

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #102255 is a reply to message #101785 ] Mon, 03 November 2014 18:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi friends! Any photos from the event!? So happy to hear you all got together :D

Re: Scottish, Irish and British Shapies [message #102306 is a reply to message #102255 ] Tue, 04 November 2014 07:25 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Knowledge Expert
Hi Savannah,

Sorry but the opportunity for photos never arose! I know... hindsight is a wonderful thing - we're going to try another meet in the spring, maybe publicise it better e.g. through MeetUp and I'll be sure to get some snaps then.

Steven

Previous Topic:Arabic Shapies
Next Topic:Italian Shapies

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.