Dead Space: Nano Circuit Repair Bench (complete with electronics)

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by Psychobob, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Psychobob
    Psychobob Member
    Greetings fellow Shapeways community members!

I've finished my latest project which I'm quite pleased with. If you've played the Dead Space video games, you should recognize the repair bench hopefully (it's where you go to upgrade the rig and your weapons throughout the game), if you haven't played the game ..... you probably won't know what this is!

I tried to do something a little different this time around an incorporate some electronics. In this case I used an Arduino to program a microprocessor and then designed my own PCB circuit to utilize this and also my other components in the circuit (an OLED screen, a servo, some buttons, an LED etc...).

Below is a youtube video link and also a post to my website where I document the build along with plenty of pictures along the way. Hope you find it interesting!

Cheers

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a13LkVW8DFU
    My "build log" post on my website: http://www.psychobob.co.uk/2014/04/3d-print-deadspace-bench. html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  2. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    This looks awesome, great work !

3. Psychobob
    Psychobob Member
    Cheers :)

4. Leeramid
    Leeramid Active Member
    Looks amazing! What material did you use? Did you paint it that way?

5. Psychobob
    Psychobob Member
    Thanks!

I was just regular strong and flexible. I then painted it with some acrylic paints I had (brand: vallejo) and used an airbrush as it lets me cover things quite nicely without adding lots of thick layers of paint which would jam the moving parts.

6. tigdar
    tigdar Member
    Great project! Really enjoyed your video on your site. Do you mind sharing what company you used to get the custom PCB board made?