Portuguese Train Station

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Pedr0Kaz, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Pedr0Kaz
    Pedr0Kaz Member
    Hi Guys, im new to ShapeWays and i will be doing some 3dmodels of Portuguese Train Stations, in N Scale.
    Or any other scale if requested by miniature fans! :D

Im 3d Modelling full time at home, so feel free to ask me any questions contact me pedro.valdrez@gmail.com.
    Hoping to hear from u guys soon.

Just wanted to post my work in progress of my latest model. Aveiro Station

Heres a googlemaps photo tour, and GPS coordinates.
    <a href=" https://www.google.pt/maps/search/Esta%C3%A7%C3%A3o+de+Aveir o/@40.6440497,-8.6408954,1a,23.5y,136.35h,83.76t,0.06r/data= !3m5!1e4!3m3!1s16059885082108684164!2e3!3e9" target="_blank"></a>

[​IMG]
    Real Photograph of the Boarding Area-Railways

Still of the Model - Boarding Area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Real Photograph of the Front of the Station

Still of the Model - Front
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Hi, Pedro.

I saw your station proyect before.

That's awesome!

You have to try do it in full color sandstone.

Good luck and regards from the sunny Spain.

Luis

3. Pedr0Kaz
    Pedr0Kaz Member
    Hi Luis, im from Portugal, i have done same station in color sandstone, but now im working on another station. Check my shop i have the Progress on the model.

Since im 3d modelling full time, any ideas so i can sell models? Is there any market for Train Stations? (ppl will buy it?)

Im going to try make my models N Scale with Full Color SandStone, but its gonna loose some detail because 2mm wall thickness on buildings should be ok!

Im using Google Sketchup PRo and Maya 2014 as my main 3d programs, what do u use to model?

Regarding to Trains whats models should i focus more so i can sell them? :D

4. HOLDEN8702
    HOLDEN8702 Well-Known Member
    Hi, Pedro.

My advice is that you have to make the models you want.

Nobody knows why a model is a best seller and another similar don't.

Train stations have the handicap of size. In shapeways, size is price.

Try to show your work in specialized forums, as much, better. Some serious modellers forums are starting to add a section for shapeways in its forums.
    But this is a tedious work and I've got very few results.

Model trains is a good activity for 3d printing models. There's many customers from U.S.A. and Germany. But if you want to open market in another country, you have to specialize in this country railroad types. I've doing french railroad stuff for a while, but it's a slow selling market.

I usually work with autodesk inventor, a few with his twin brother solidworks, modelling with the free software sculptris (it's simply and awesome) and coloring and joining models with blender.

Good luck with your awesome work!

Luis

5. Wow, this is really cool and I actually got to visit Portugal last summer so It's awesome to see some 3D printed architecture from there! The only train station I remember seeing was in Amadora, near Lisboa, but I got to see a lot of amazing buildings in downtown Lisboa, plus the Castle of St Jorge. (I know foreigners call it Lisbon, but I like using the city's real name, heh)

Anyway, it looks like you are off to a great start because your renders look very authentic to the photographs. Keep at it, and good luck with your shop!

6. Pedr0Kaz
    Pedr0Kaz Member
    Hi Axebaneblade,

Im glad u appreciated my work :D, and u enjoyed ur visit to Portugal! I will be doing more station and historcal buildings of Portugal, im gonna try do them all in full color sandstone if possible, because it adds to the appeal of a model! ....

Im doing this full time since im looking for a job , so its great i can put these authentic models in shapeways.

Thanks again, dont forget to share my stuff on facebook! :D

Regards, Pedro Araújo

7. Pedr0Kaz
    Pedr0Kaz Member
    Its Almost Done, at least the WhiteStrong and Flexible model, then ii will try to do Full Color SandStone. :D
    Latest Pictures From my Model 21_03

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Regards to all

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014