small round espresso cup & ringed stand/saucer

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by shariff, Feb 19, 2014.

1. shariff
    shariff Well-Known Member
    hey guys I really would love to know ur thoughts on this one and please do check it out .
    It's a small round espresso cup that sits in a ringed stand or saucer, designed to sit nice and well fitted in.

small round espresso cup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Looks good, with ceramics there is a lot of play in the accuracy. ± 3% deviation + 1 mm of glaze is listed in the guidelines. I don't like the 1mm of glaze statement as that will depend on geometry.

3. shariff
    Thanks.

I did work trying to stick to the guidelines as best as possible no doubt.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    That's the way to go. I just wanted to mention that if you design to be exact, that ceramics has some play in the production. If you have only the one contact point, along the rim of the base, that would be good. Than if the cup or ring is slightly larger or smaller than expected, the cup will just sit a little higher or a little lower. But if say it's longer than it is wide, it could be a little unstable. Generally the deviation is caused by gravity, and seeing these would be fired standing up, they should fairly round.

5. shariff
    Right I get what ur saying. I did keep this in mind that when the cup sits it will fit in just right. The inner part of the ring is shaped so it follows the lower part of the cup and as it slides in it limits the rest from falling in.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Sounds good to me, can't wait to see it printed