Home » Support » 3D Applications » Turning Sketchup models to models with color (for full color sandstone)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Turning Sketchup models to models with color (for full color sandstone) [message #84721] Tue, 11 February 2014 06:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar multihawk  is currently offline multihawk
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

Like the title says, I was hoping someone can give me a rundown on how to import my Sketchup models with color so that they are available to be printed in full color sandstone. I've read somewhere that .STL files don't contain any information regarding colors/textures, so I was hoping to get some guidance on where to go from there to have my models have color.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm still a newbie when it comes to full applications of 3d printing.

- multihawk

Tutorials on how to prepare Sketchup models for Shapeways:

PART 1
-------
PART 2
-------

Tutorial on preparing Sketchup models for Shapeways for FULL COLOR SANDSTONE/PLASTIC:

PART 1 OF 1
Re: Turning Sketchup models to models with color (for full color sandstone) [message #84727 is a reply to message #84721 ] Tue, 11 February 2014 08:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Have a look at this tutorial:
https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/exporting_to_vrml_and_x3 d_for_color_printing

Hope this helps :)

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Turning Sketchup models to models with color (for full color sandstone) [message #84765 is a reply to message #84727 ] Tue, 11 February 2014 22:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar multihawk  is currently offline multihawk
Go to my shop
Awesome, found exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks a lot!!

Tutorials on how to prepare Sketchup models for Shapeways:

PART 1
-------
PART 2
-------

Tutorial on preparing Sketchup models for Shapeways for FULL COLOR SANDSTONE/PLASTIC:

PART 1 OF 1

Previous Topic:Is there a general template for Shapeways?
Next Topic:Problems with wall thickness, or getting through the checks

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.