Home » Support » 3D Applications » Hollowing out with zBrush or Wings ??
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hollowing out with zBrush or Wings ?? [message #8670] Fri, 01 January 2010 05:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Does anyone have any experience hollowing out models using either zBrush or Wings 3D?

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Hollowing out with zBrush or Wings ?? [message #8674 is a reply to message #8670 ] Fri, 01 January 2010 22:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I may have just answered my own question regarding zBrush... If successful I will be posting a tutorial here.

Re: Hollowing out with zBrush or Wings ?? [message #8678 is a reply to message #8670 ] Sat, 02 January 2010 04:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Okay, so I did figure it out.... see this thread:

http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=8677 &S=dbbd4b43546fa3da00620807f4e8c813#msg_8677

Re: Hollowing out with zBrush or Wings ?? [message #22369 is a reply to message #8678 ] Sun, 09 January 2011 17:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar shanec102  is currently offline shanec102
Go to my shop

I have been successful in using the extract sub tool to get a hollowed out model. but...

1. When i do a more complex model I can not get the wall thickness to be thick enough. The wall thickness will also not be uniform. some parts could be .02 and others will be 1.00.
2. It puffs out my model... I loose all the details. Looks like a marshmallow version of the original.

I have been searching for solutions to making inner walls and have found people exporting to meshlab and blender. Does anyone have another solution for zbrush? ... As i am trying to learn those other programs, but am having trouble.
Shane

Previous Topic:Blender Simple Deform Help
Next Topic:Simple Wavefront obj to STL converter.