Designer developing my portfolio - free design work

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by charizzardd, Feb 7, 2014.

1. charizzardd
    charizzardd Member
    Have an idea? Let me know I will do my best to design it for you. I am happy to sign a non-disclosure via shake app (check that out if you are not sure what it is).

I am looking to develop a portfolio so am willing to do some work for free! I am a mechanical engineer and have done some modeling and some printing previously, as well as some structural analysis in Solidworks and ANSYS FEA. I have access to good modeling software now and can start to do work again, so here is your chance for time with a designer for free!

If I get a lot of feedback here I will probably have to pick and choose projects but I will be upfront and clear about what I can work on, and what I think I am capable of doing. Reply here for ideas, or pm if it is a serious invention or something you don't want public.

-charizzardd

post.script: I'll be adding a link to my website here soon probably via an edit, so if we do work together leave me some feedback so I can point others to it in the future!

2. Hello!

I am currently looking for someone to design a keychain for me that I will have 3D printed.

This is what I need, please let me know if you're interested:

The keychain would be designed to "snap" together (so I can take it apart and place things into the center of it.) It should have holes spelling out a name (I will be placing LEDs into the holes).

If you are interested, we can go over everything in much greater detail. Let me know! Thanks.

3. hmssaab
    hmssaab Member
    Hi,
    I am wanting to have a small headlamp trim ring plastic retainer screw modeled for a vintage SAAB. I have an original. It is 46mm x 12mm x 5 mm. I can prepare a dimensioned sketch for it.
    Please contact me at your convenience to discuss the details.
    Thanks, hmssaab

4. Hello,
    I am in the process of learning how to 3D model myself, but I am just to excited to wait for my skills to improve. What I want to be able to print is a simply snap back hat. I hope you will be interested in helping me out.

Dana

5. Hello, I have some accessories that need to be designed for a Harley. I want to design a replacement cowling on the fuel tank my Harley. This will remove my entire analog speedometer and switches allowing them be controlled by a 7inch tablet. I also would like to integrate this with a custom design bluetooth controlled speaker. I know exactly what and would like to speak with you about the details. We can make the prototype and market this to the aftermarket and make some $$$. A bit about me. I am rather talented as my first career was a master mechanic and now I am a senior systems engineer supporting large enterprise systems. As you can see I'm no fool and am completely capable of learning 3D designing myself. But I prefer to use my time riding my Harley and chasing crazy women.lol I hope this type of project interest you and would be willing assist as a partner in this venture. Look forward to hearing back from you. Matt

6. hmssaab
    hmssaab Member
  7. hmssaab
    hmssaab Member
  8. ragingcelt
    ragingcelt Member
    Good afternoon!

I have some designs I could use some help with. Do you have time? I have 2D images and I want to convert these into toy designs and miniatures/ maquettes.

Thanks so much. Looking forward to hearing from you.

--Tim

9. Hi, my name is Dwight I saw on your post it says free design work. I receive a donated wheelchair and i need to make a part for it. I'm quadriplegic and live in a nursing home so i need your help. do you believe you can draw this for me in 3D. please

Attached Files:

10. charizzardd
    charizzardd Member
    Hey this looks pretty doable. I am more than happy to give it shot this weekend! I'll keep you posted!!

Josh

11. Thanks Josh, I appreciate it.

Dwight

12. Hi there,
    I am a sculptor and ceramicist; I make slip cast porcelain sake sets that I would like to have rendered in 3d and printed. I am sending a picture of one of the designs. Let me know if this might interest you.
    Thanks!
    fburgos
    fburgos@cal.berkeley.edu

Attached Files:

13. Hi,

I have a very simple cup that I want to have printed in ceramic by shapeways and was wondering if you are interested.

Thanks,

AW

Attached Files:

• cup.tif

File size:
      175.9 KB
      Views:
  14. hi i'm not a 3D modeler you wrote to the wrong person. i sent charizzardd an email 2 days ago for design work and you are the 3rd person that send me mail meant for charizzardd. sorry about the mixup i'll delete the files you sent me

15. ragingcelt
    ragingcelt Member
    Oops! Sorry for the mix up!

16. Hi there,

I am looking to have a 3D model made for a pair of sunglasses. I plan to use a very interesting material for the final product, but am looking to have the shape defined first. I am a fashion designer working mostly with apparel, but would like to explore making some accessories. Please let me know if you may have any time or would be willing to discuss this project further.

Thanks!
    Karie Laks

17. Hi!

I'm looking to make a child's locket. By this I mean big, plastic, and hinged on so that it can be slid open and not snapped (toddle hands can't handle the snap and the pin of the hinge can come out.

Thank you!!

- M.

18. charizzardd
    charizzardd Member
    I think I can help you with this! Do you have any sketches or pictures of the idea?

19. here is a sketch of it

Attached Files: