Questions for the 2D to 3D option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 494343_deleted, Feb 7, 2014.

1. I uploaded an image to the 2d-3d option on the site and it did a nice rendering of the drawing that i had but I was wondering if it would somehow be possible to round the edges? I asked their customer service and they directed me here. In the meantime I'm procuring some 3D programs... The original file was in Illustrator and I saved it to a variety of different formats till I found one compatible....

2. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    The best way to do that would be with Zbrush. It costs $795 US dollars though. :)

The next best thing would be Sculptris. Sculptris is free!

One other option is MeshMixer. MeshMixer is also free.

3. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    The 2d to 3d option allows the specification of the overall thickness of the Model. If you have black parts to your image they will be translated to this full depth. White parts of the image translate to zero depth. If, however, parts of your image are grey they will be somewhere in between zero and max depth according to where they are on the grey-scale. More grey, deeper, less grey shallower.

I have not done this myself, but perhaps you can get the effect you wish by lightening/graduating the edges that you want curved?