iPhone 5 Minimized Gramophone : iAcoustic S

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by abite, Feb 7, 2014.

1. abite
    abite Member
    The Minimized Gramophone "iAcoustic S" is a multi-fuctional accessory for your iPhone.
    It can become an acoustic amplifier, a stand, or a charger if the lightning cable pluged in. When you put the cable into your bag, the iAcoustic S can also be a cable winder.
    This is its gold plated brass version.

Link : iAcoustic S : Gold Plated Brass.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frankly, when I placed an order for it in brass, I did not expect that Shapeways could actually make it because of its complex tube-shaped structure.
    It took a few more days than the target ship date, but I was pretty amazed when I received it. Its quality was much better than my expectation, and it was really beautifully done.

My order was for raw brass material because it had thickness under 0.8mm in some part. When I tried to polish it, I found out that Shapeways printed it in three parts and then welded them together. However, the welding lines were almost invisible. After some sanding and polishing work, I had it gold-plated.

I deeply appreciate Shapeways' efforts to make it real for me.

I really want to offer for sale, but I am not sure whether it is going to be always in the same condition due to its complexity.
    Anyway, thanks a lot for this precious piece, Shapeways.

Joe.
    P.S. I am going to add a video link as soon as it is prepared.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  2. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    This looks amazing, great polishing / plating job !!

Did they really printed it in 3 parts and welded them together, normally Shapeways doesn't modify models.
    I did one time discover that they had welded a part of a silver earring that broke off but it would be strange if you're model broke into 3 parts :)

3. abite
    abite Member
    Hi FabMeJewelry,

Thanks.
    Actually, I am not sure whether they tried casting it several times, but didn't get any perfect one or they printed it in three parts. Anyway, I could hardly see two welded lines in zigzags.
    The model is almost impossible to be cast at a time because of its curved tube shape and thickness. Perhaps, they tried several times, but didn't get good results, so finally they decided to use the castings for one perfect shape. It is just my guess.

Anyway, I absolutely love the result and pretty appreciate it.
    I love to ask Shapeways to make it in gold.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  4. aimeemoyer
    aimeemoyer Shapeways Employee Ecommerce Team
    SO PRETTY!

5. EricHo
    EricHo Well-Known Member
    Wow, it looks so good in gold. We're going to share this on our social media channels today.

6. abite
    abite Member
    Thanks aimeemoyer! You, too. :)
    This is myy preccccciiiouuuuss!!!

EricHo! Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014