Home » Support » 3D Applications » Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems [message #8655] Wed, 30 December 2009 22:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar TSuriyathep  is currently offline TSuriyathep
Go to my shop
Hi, I'm new here I just started with something simple. I made a bullet using the revolve technique. When I export to STL, I'm not exactly sure of the settings but for the simple settings I made it 0.01mm. From what I can see, some of the errors look pretty bad, especially near the tip. Is there an easy way to fix it, or should I start the whole thing over using some other methods?

Thanks!

• Attachment: 9mm.stl
    (Size: 796.71KB, Downloaded 105 time(s))

Re: Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems [message #8657 is a reply to message #8655 ] Thu, 31 December 2009 03:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar umbe0471  is currently offline umbe0471
Go to my shop
I suggest you "Netfabb studio basic" (free), load your model then perform the automatic repair. It is simple and fast. Here your model fixed. I have to flip the triangles as the analysis tell me that the shell has negative volume (will be rejected). I made an upload test and the model now is ok. Select "mm" as you upload the file.
Cheers,
Umberto

[Updated on: Thu, 31 December 2009 03:57 UTC]

Re: Rhino simple bullet with manifold problems [message #8660 is a reply to message #8657 ] Thu, 31 December 2009 08:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TSuriyathep  is currently offline TSuriyathep
Go to my shop
Hi Umberto, thanks for the info, I tried netfabb and it worked great for everything. I thought that Rhino was used by jewelry designers for 3D printing, so I don't get why it wouldn't work out of the box. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Previous Topic:Question for ZBrush users
Next Topic:Non-manifold after stacking several model parts.