Home » Support » 3D Design » *.WRL to X3d or format Blender can read!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
*.WRL to X3d or format Blender can read! [message #84125] Thu, 30 January 2014 17:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar mperna  is currently offline mperna
Go to all my models
I have an assembly in *.wrl and I need to be able to render this in Blender. It would be even better if I could edit it without Solidworks.

Is there any freeware out there that can get my *.wrl into X3d format or something that Blender can read without issue?
Re: *.WRL to X3d or format Blender can read! [message #84128 is a reply to message #84125 ] Thu, 30 January 2014 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Is the .wrl the only version of the assembly that you have ? (Seeing that you mentioned Solidworks). If blender cannot read it,
chances are that it might be VRML1 instead of VRML2/VRML97 - first line of the file should tell you this. If so, maybe the old "ivvrml"
from the "inventor tools" package will help, or try meshlab (not sure if the latter can read VRML1)
Re: *.WRL to X3d or format Blender can read! [message #84135 is a reply to message #84128 ] Thu, 30 January 2014 18:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT  is currently offline JACANT
Go to my shop
Accutrans 3D will convert this file. http://www.micromouse.ca/
30 day trial $20 to buy.

index.php?t=getfile&id=50811&private=0

• Attachment: Accutrans.png
    (Size: 113.87KB, Downloaded 52 time(s))

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: *.WRL to X3d or format Blender can read! [message #84147 is a reply to message #84128 ] Thu, 30 January 2014 22:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mperna  is currently offline mperna
Go to all my models
You are my hero!

Accutrans is a dream at a price I can tolerate. Thanks! Major kudos.

Previous Topic:color removed ...
Next Topic:Wire thickness/ Making the object from "hollow" to "solid"?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.