Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Wsf Figure painted
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Wsf Figure painted [message #8579] Mon, 28 December 2009 09:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Heres a photo of one of my models painted. It was printed in WSF, I sanded it verly slightly with 220grit paper and primed and painted it with acrylic "art" paints ( as opposed to "model" paint)

index.php?t=getfile&id=2147&private=0

Paint job isnt that great, been a long time since I painted something this small.

Re: Wsf Figure painted [message #8580 is a reply to message #8579 ] Mon, 28 December 2009 12:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Looks lovely!

Just one coat?
Re: Wsf Figure painted [message #8589 is a reply to message #8580 ] Mon, 28 December 2009 20:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Most of the painting is two thin coats, its much easier to get an even coverage that way - and you get two chances to clean up the edges of each colour which is handy if you're out of practice with small brushes.
Re: Wsf Figure painted [message #8600 is a reply to message #8589 ] Tue, 29 December 2009 08:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar joris  is currently offline joris
Go to all my models
Thin coats is a great idea. I have noticed that too much paint is annoying with White, Strong & Flexible and creates ugly surfaces.

Previous Topic:White/Flexible questions from a New Guy
Next Topic:photo-shaping with 'detail material' for a moldmaking model??