WARNING. Shapeways not giving me my markup fees. - (Error resolved - SW)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SLK, Jan 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLK
    SLK Member
    Today I posted a new model.

Those of you who have posted models here know that you select materials and markup and then save.
    Shapeways saved my only material selections but not my fees.

So...
    I had several sales on an anticipated model that I GET NOTHING for because their system saved materials and not markup. These selection are made at the time so they should save simultaneously but they didn't.

Shapeways: I want you to make good on this.

I don't want to report you to the Attorney General of New York and Better Business Bureau.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014
  2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Possibly related to this , but how about contacting service with your claims (and a description that actually allows them to track down the bug) instead of venting on the forum on a sunday evening with no shapeways staff around to man the defenses ?

3. SLK
    SLK Member
    mrkroeker, who made you their spokesman? I made my choice to voice it here for a reason. Contacting them directly is a great Idea but I have proof of in the past that I have contacted them via email and they don't respond. Maybe consider that before you assume and decide someone else is helpless victim. I find I need to go this route by publicly posting since it actually gets action.

I have been out of work. I post here to make money which isn't so much but every bit helps.

This was money I was counting on for bills.

4. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    When Shapeways sales one of our products Shapeways sends us an email showing exactly what was sold and for how much and what the mark up was. When your item that you are referring to was sold by Shapeways are you saying that you didn't see in the emails that the mark up was zero?

5. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Must be my gentle if slippery cold-blooded nature, i guess. On the other hand, where did I claim to be their spokesman ?
    You sure that markup was not applied - remember you will not see it added to the prices in your own shop while you are logged in ?

6. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Zero markup products generate sale emails now?

7. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    How did you become aware of the sales if not via e-mail? Is there another way to check?

8. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Sales with Zero Markup are silent. You are not notified by email nor are they listed in the Sales Overview Spreadsheet.

Unless a customer informs the shopowner that they have received a print of an item, there is no way for the shopowner to know that a sale was made.

It is up to the shopowner what markups they desire to add to the models. One of the best way to check your markups quickly is to download the CSV Markup Wizard

In addition, it is important to understand that Markups are not paid unless you've collected more than $30, and that they are paid only on the 15th of the month.

@SLK, your inquiry must go to Customer Service.. there's nothing a forum member can do to investigate what items have been sold from your shop. I would say that it is valid to post something in the forum if you're having email difficulties, but you really will want to sort out the the matter over email so as to not publish your sales statistics, etc.

1) make sure you're using the email address service@shapeways.com
    2) don't cc any other email addresses - and address such as badname@shapeways.com may cause your email to be lost
    3) check your spam/junk mail folder
    4) upload a new model - do you get the "Your model is now ready to order" email? (this would help tell you that the emails are not getting lost)

9. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    @ Stony, those sales aren't silent anymore (since a longggg time), you do receive an email like when you sold something.
    The only difference is that there is no "= $x.xx" after the model name.

@SLK, I'll ask our development team to investigate the issue.

We'll keep you posted.

Mitchell

10. I can confirm I do get a message when selling a model with zero markup.

11. SLK
    SLK Member
    Shapeways has responded with an offer for "store credit".

Unfortunately store credit doesn't work at the gas station, grocery store, etc.

12. MitchellJetten
    The markup issue which intermittently wasn't saved when enabling a new material has been fixed.

SLK, I'm sure you can work something out with the customer service team.
    They will help you out and figure out a different way of paying the markup.

Cheers,
    Mitchell

13. SLK
    SLK Member
    I hope they will want to reply. I have examples of two other incidents where nobody is responding.

I am also not interested in any "different way of paying"(as you put it) if it means something other than money to my account.

The time I have to take to fix Shapeways problem is time I don't get paid for.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  14. MitchellJetten
    I meant different as in "other than store credit".

As for the reply: it's 10PM here, I'm sure you will receive an email first thing tomorrow morning.

I checked your emails and only found 1 email from today and the last email before this is 11months.
    If you have any questions, just send them again :)

I'm sorry that you have to fix your markup for those models.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  15. SLK
    SLK Member
    Email to Natalia Krasnodebska was sent on Jan 23 with no reply on an entirely different matter.

I have others from months before but I don't like having to take time out of my day to point out when you are not doing something. I feel like I am being a customer quality consultant that isn't getting paid for his time.

I still look forward to hearing from someone regarding my money.

16. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi SLK, I don't see an email from you in my inbox from that day, feel free to send it through again though and I will take a look!

I do apologize for the error we had on the site that caused markups not to show, and since this was the result of a bug which we have now fixed, I am locking this thread.

Please continue the discussion with the service team to get your money back. As for your payment, Mitchell is right, I am sure someone from the service team will respond to you in the morning. Service@shapeways really is the fastest way to get a resolution to any problems here!

Thank you,
    Natalia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.