Threading for a twist off cap needed...

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 484231_deleted, Jan 23, 2014.

1. I pretty much have a finalized model however I need help with one thing. My product is a container with two spouts and two twist off caps. I cannot make the threading for the spouts and inside caps. How much would it cost for you to add the threading to my design for a liquid tight hold that could be reused? I also want the design to have flush edges when it it is closed tight.

Thanks,
    Jack

2. What file format? If you can supply .prt , .step, or .sat file I Might be able to help.
    Mr_Plastic
    www.mason-dixon-design.com

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  3. I made the 3d design in sketchup, so I do not think I can supply those formats. I will keep trying though. Thanks for the reply. I attached my design anyways with collada if that helps.

Jack

Attached Files:

4. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    DesignSpark Mechanical is free and it can open SKP files upto Version 8, so save your model as type V8.

http://www.designspark.com/eng/nodes/view/type:page/slug:mec hanical

This link http://tinyurl.com/qjpwweo will explain how to create what you want.

Just add the 'coil' to the model. and subtract the same 'coil' from the top. There will be no tolerance, so one of the coils will need adjusting.

The Software will save as DXF, OBJ, PDF, SKP, STL, XAML, JPG and PNG files.

5. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    I would upload the attached STL as a test to see if it works OK.
    The clearance is 0.1mm. As the image shows the part sliced in Netfabb.

When you create a circle or arc in SU. Increase the number of sides to make a smoother curve. Do this as soon as you have selected the tool, enter the number in the dimension box before you draw the circle. All subsequent circles will have the increased amount of sides.

If you cannot finish the model yourself, please email me at the link below.

Kickstick.PNG

Attached Files:

6. Thank you so much for your help! I really do appreciate it. I ended up getting someone to do it for $40 because I didn't think you were going to be able to help me with the format. Thank you very much once again.

Jack