Home » Support » Buying » Updating a model after the order was placed
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Updating a model after the order was placed [message #83584] Tue, 21 January 2014 22:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar l3v1te  is currently offline l3v1te
Go to all my models
I couldn't find anything on this, so hopefully I'm not double posting here.

My question is: After my order is placed. if i deiced to make changes to the model, will have i have to cancel my order and reorder it or do they the print current version of the model?
Re: Updating a model after the order was placed [message #83589 is a reply to message #83584 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 23:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, you will have to cancel the first order and place a new one.

Since the second model could be 10x the volume and 10x the cost, they can't afford for you to replace the file after it's paid for.
All orders are produced from the copy of the file as it was at the point of the order. (your orders or a customer's)

You could change the model 5 days in a row, and place an order each day, and end up with all 5 versions.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Updating a model after the order was placed [message #83590 is a reply to message #83584 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 23:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
Yes, you need to cancel and reorder - if it is not yet in production, you can cancel it yourself in the "Orders" section of the dropdown menu under your
avatar icon (in the top right of the webpage). When you order a model, a snapshot copy is taken to avoid any ambiguity.

Previous Topic:Shipping address and billing address can't be different countries?
Next Topic:Billing Address P.O. Box

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.