Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Shop Image Issues
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shop Image Issues [message #83222] Wed, 15 January 2014 15:33 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Later today, we'll be releasing our weekly release of fixes. Included will be fixing Shop Image issues. So, for now, wait patiently. And if any issues continue or arise after the release, feel free to post them here. I'm locking the other threads so we can see exactly which issues weren't yet fixed.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83239 is a reply to message #83222 ] Wed, 15 January 2014 19:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, apart from the default image problem, there is an issue with adding shop section.
Cheers
Vijay

www.dotsan.com
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83264 is a reply to message #83239 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 01:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar WillLaPuerta  is currently offline WillLaPuerta
Go to my shop
Images working now.

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83266 is a reply to message #83222 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 02:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Nope, images not working. If I add a new image it is still loading as the default and cannot be changed.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83269 is a reply to message #83266 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 07:41 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
doesn't work here :(

WillLaPuerta , how did you get it to work?

@Vijay, adding multiple shop sections has been fixed on the 9th already.
What issues are you having?

[Updated on: Thu, 16 January 2014 07:47 UTC]

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83278 is a reply to message #83269 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 13:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Jettuh  is currently offline Jettuh
Go to my shop
it appears to be working for me now!
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83281 is a reply to message #83278 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 13:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Little bit of extra information.
When uploading a new picture and selecting "Photo" instead of "Render" will make it work at my accounts.

Our dev will fix this ASAP.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83284 is a reply to message #83281 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 14:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Well, it was working. Now that I've set the materials it's refusing to show the image I chose as the default anywhere. Not on the model page and not on the store page. Is there a problem with selecting "Multiple Materials Shown"?

"I am just a humble servant with a message here for you" Reaper Media on Facebook
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83285 is a reply to message #83284 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 15:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OK, so I don't think it's the Multiple Materials thing, since I set tried setting the default to a different image with a specific material and it's still not working. The weirdest thing is that it's using a different image for the Models page (and store page) and for the individual model page itself and both of them are wrong. Also it's only going wrong with one model: http://shpws.me/qnxs All the others that were acting up before and started working after the fix are still working after I changed the material setting.

Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83290 is a reply to message #83285 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
We're gonna fix this today with an ER.

Repro:
1. Go to Edit Details page of model.
2. Upload picture and make it "Render" + make it default.
3. Go back to MyModels
4. Default picture is SW render
5. Go to Edit Details page of model
6. Change "Render" to "Photo"
7. Go back to MyModels
8. Yay, default picture is correct

Cheers
Mitchell

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83298 is a reply to message #83222 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 17:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
This has now been fixed! Thanks for waiting guys, we appreciate it!

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83308 is a reply to message #83298 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 18:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
For some reason the default photo fix is not working for us.

It really seems random :

- some models don't show the default photo on the shop page
- some models don't show the default photo on the shop and model page

We'll just let it rest for a few days before trying to change the default photos again.
Deleting pictures, uploading them again and redoing the captions isn't all that bad if you have to do it once but doing that multiple times really isn't fun.

We do have to mention that the default picture works for our 2 new product which makes us really happy !

Karen & Wesley - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83336 is a reply to message #83308 ] Thu, 16 January 2014 21:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
What I had to do today - and this may have been corrected - is when I uploaded a new photo that I did NOT want to be the default I simply had to check off "Photo" not "Render" and did NOT choose a Material. When I did choose a material that seemed to make it go automatically as default.... Like I said, that may have been corrected now.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83351 is a reply to message #83336 ] Fri, 17 January 2014 00:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
OK, so I decided to give it some time and see if the fix just needed things to update, but it's still not working here.

Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83368 is a reply to message #83351 ] Fri, 17 January 2014 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wedge  is currently offline wedge
Go to my shop
Still have problems with it.

It seems not to work, if you set an Image to default where no Material is selected, while other images has a selected material.

It also not seem complete not work if yo set on material to "Multiple materials".

[Updated on: Fri, 17 January 2014 14:31 UTC]

Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83516 is a reply to message #83368 ] Mon, 20 January 2014 21:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
When will the shop image issue be resolved ?
It's still not working for us :)

Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83535 is a reply to message #83516 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 08:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
We fixed it last week FabMeJewelry.

Your issue is a bit different, i'll look into this.

So the default picture on your shop page appears to be selected by the first picture with that default material.

Example:
*Check this model
*all pictures have "Stainless Steel"
*your default material is "Stainless Steel" so he selects the first picture with that material (so if second picture was WSF, and you selected default material WSF,, it would have shown that picture).
* check the edit detail page, and select a different material for the pictures, you will see it works and the correct pic is shown.

I'll have our dev team investigate this :)

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83536 is a reply to message #83535 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 08:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Mitchell,

I will try this first thing tonight !

Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83537 is a reply to message #83536 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 08:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
So instead of having your customers wait till tonight, i "fixed" (read: work-around) the 5 models for you.

Instead of having them as "Photo -> Stainless Steel | Description: Stainless Steel"
I changed the non default pictures to "Photo -> Select Material | Description: Stainless Steel"

Cheers,
Mitchell

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #83539 is a reply to message #83537 ] Tue, 21 January 2014 10:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
That's awesome, everything looks great now :)
Now i can dedicate this evening to design a wedding ring for my colleague, thanks a lot Mitchell !

Re: Shop Image Issues [message #84238 is a reply to message #83537 ] Mon, 03 February 2014 01:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TinyMtn  is currently offline TinyMtn
Go to my shop
I still had to manually fix this for my shop.

One model of mine has 5 images: the shapeways render, my render, and three photos. They are all of the "sandstone" material. I wanted the first photo to be the one that is used for the shop page, but instead, the shop page was always showing my first render (the 2nd listed image). Changing the material on my first rendered image from "Sandstone" to "Select a Material" was the only way that I could get the 3rd image (my first photo) to be the one chosen for my shop page. So, apparently, this is still not fixed.

Mark
tinymtn.com tinymtnbiz@gmail.com
Re: Shop Image Issues [message #84571 is a reply to message #84238 ] Sat, 08 February 2014 15:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
hmmmm the title is shop image, but seems to deal with problems with images for one product.

Nevertheless. I've tried to change my shop banner. And it seems to work. It's changed in the shop settings form. If I view the shop from this page it's also changed. But when I do a reload of the page or open the shop in an anonymous browser window the shop banner still remains the old one.
(and yes I have cleared my cache and the old picture is also visible on my mobile)

It seems that one update during the last week was successful but every change during the last days was not.

Woody54

Previous Topic:Head image difference
Next Topic:Shop Banner Not Updating

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.