Home » Support » 3D Design » Using Mirror Modifier in blender- help needed.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Using Mirror Modifier in blender- help needed. [message #83089] Sun, 12 January 2014 20:37 UTC Go to next message
avatar Tinkererinstolenlabcoat  is currently offline Tinkererinstolenlabcoat
Go to all my models
Is it possible to turn off the mirror modifier after you begin to use it? I am working with making a battletech mech and I need to mount a weapon in one of its side torsos. I can't add one to each side because of game restrictions, but I don't want to replicate half my progress. So how do you turn off a mirror while retaining all of your progress?
Re: Using Mirror Modifier in blender- help needed. [message #83098 is a reply to message #83089 ] Mon, 13 January 2014 00:08 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Make the weapons/arms separate. Or apply the modifier, but then you will not be able to have the benefits of it, as the mesh has become real in full.
Re: Using Mirror Modifier in blender- help needed. [message #83101 is a reply to message #83098 ] Mon, 13 January 2014 01:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Tinkererinstolenlabcoat  is currently offline Tinkererinstolenlabcoat
Go to all my models
I think that it would be acceptable to make it full- but were do I find the button to make the mesh real in full?

Previous Topic:Model not curving when uploaded?
Next Topic:Minimum hole size for FUD or detailed plastic