The Shapeways Customer Service is an absolute joke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rudeartist, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudeartist
    Rudeartist Member
    I am not happy

Not only have I received a sub-standard quality print (which I paid almost $80.00 for) but the customer service staff seem to have made it a point to jerk me around like an *no* regarding getting a replacement printed.

Perhaps a little context is needed.

I ordered a color sandstone print, which in the end, turned out to be bellow standard quality. I was supposedly sent an email notifying me about this, and because I did not receive it, my lack of a response was taken as a 'go ahead to whoever was in charge.

So after spamming Shapeways with about 5 emails, I finally got a response and an offer to have my print replaced at not extra cost.

I have no idea where the whole thing stands at this point.

really when I think of the staff at shapeways I'm reminded of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utGqpT-riZc

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Alex,

I see that you have emailed us 16 hours ago, Andrew Thomas replied your email 1 hour later.

After this I can see that you have emailed us 5 times within 1 minute.
    Andrew replied to those emails 1 hour later and raised a complaint for you (CT-5086)

This way our production team can have a look what happened and issue a reprint for you.
    If everything goes alright you will receive a reprint order number later on today.

Please note that after this reply from Andrew you have sent 18 emails to us (same emails), unfortunately Andrew is located in New York City and wasn't at the office at that moment (9 o clock his time).

I'm sure he will answer you as soon as he gets in the office (give it a few hours).

As much as we would love to, we can't ask Andrew to be working 24 hours a day.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Mitchell

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  3. So all and all it took roughly 25 emails and two angry forum posts to finally get your attention?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2014
  4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Sentinal / Rudeartist,

Please check my previous post.
    As explained, Andrew replied your email right away and raised a complaint ticket for you.

You did get the attention just 1 hour after your first email.

Cheers,
    Mitchell

5. Shapeways customer service has always been very good in my experience, and I'm going on my 3rd year of working with them.

6. Rudeartist
    Rudeartist Member
    How very nice for you.

Your favorable experience with the staff doesn't magically negate my situation in the slightest.

7. With the way you're acting out here on the forum, I'm guessing the problem exists between your keyboard and chair.

8. Rudeartist
    Rudeartist Member
    'yawn'

9. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    You the youngest designer here ? At least you have choosen your username with some care...

10. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Rudeartist, I think you've made your point.

While I understand your frustration, it appears we have done all we can to resolve your issues.

And it seems we'd all appreciate it if you could keep your posts within our guidelines.

Venting frustration is fine, but please try to keep it civil.

Thank you,
    Natalia

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.