Home » Community » It arrived! » Two Tone Fleur de Lis
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Two Tone Fleur de Lis [message #82657] Mon, 06 January 2014 22:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar bdo007  is currently offline bdo007
Go to my shop
Hey Everyone, I just got in my gold and silver fleur de lis pendent in the mail! I figured I would post it to get some feedback from people

The link for the gold piece:
http://shpws.me/qqoW

And the link for the silver piece:
http://shpws.me/qqoZ

index.php?t=getfile&id=48824&private=0

• Attachment: IMG 1 1.jpg
    (Size: 266.58KB, Downloaded 142 time(s))

Re: Two Tone Fleur de Lis [message #82679 is a reply to message #82657 ] Tue, 07 January 2014 06:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
Very nice! Multiple materials always makes something look better.

I was just looking into making a lapel pin or tie tack for my uncle and thought I might need to get a lapel pin blank with the needle pin already attached to it, and somehow attach the 3D printed part to that. But being able to include the pin needle in the model would drastically simplify things.
Re: Two Tone Fleur de Lis [message #82728 is a reply to message #82679 ] Tue, 07 January 2014 18:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bdo007  is currently offline bdo007
Go to my shop
Thanks Nib!

Yeah I've done test pieces with 3D printing out the pin needle, and it works well for both WSF and metal, but not so well for the acrylic based 3D prints, the acrylic is too brittle. The metal pin needle isn't the prettiest looking needle point (a dull point, and came out a little crooked, but i merely bent it straight) but it certainly works!

Previous Topic:Surprise Custom Xmas Ornament Featuring Employer's logo
Next Topic:The Radio Star: (video) timelapse assembling and finishing a big Shapeways order

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.