Home » Support » 3D Printing » Hollow objects
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hollow objects [message #386] Sun, 27 July 2008 09:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar PrettyBoyTim  is currently offline PrettyBoyTim
Go to all my models
If you make an object with internal cavities, what will be inside the cavities? Will it just be air, or might there also be support material inside it?
Re: Hollow objects [message #387 is a reply to message #386 ] Sun, 27 July 2008 12:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
there will be either material or support material in the cavities. To prevent this you could make a small hole in the model to let the material out after building.

Peter
Re: Hollow objects [message #388 is a reply to message #386 ] Sun, 27 July 2008 18:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Sauli  is currently offline Sauli
Go to my shop
So would it be possible to make a light bulb, for example, with internal wirings and stuff? That would be cool with the Transparent Detail material. Cool
Re: Hollow objects [message #400 is a reply to message #388 ] Mon, 28 July 2008 22:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
hmm a light bulb? Smile
Not sure how you see that? But yes you can make a model with details within an enclosed space. So yes you could model a (non-functional) light bulb.

Peter

Previous Topic:Uploaded models?
Next Topic:Uploaded model rotated

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.