Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Matlab to 3ds?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Matlab to 3ds? [message #8299] Sun, 13 December 2009 05:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar mutatron  is currently offline mutatron
Go to my shop
Anybody know how to convert a Matlab surface plot to something usable by Shapeways? I have this Matlab script that creates an object using the surface function. Is there any way to save that in some usable form?
Re: Matlab to 3ds? [message #8326 is a reply to message #8299 ] Mon, 14 December 2009 21:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rjh  is currently offline rjh
Go to all my models
Export the original 2d matrix from Matlab as an Image (PNG is good; I think it'll allow a higher bit depth for detail). Apply this image as a height-map or height-field in your 3d application, then extrude along normals for thickness (or, if flat enough, simply along the Y axis).

If you need more detail, I can expand, but probably only for Blender use.

Previous Topic:Using STL files Help required!
Next Topic:Specify dimensions / size in Maya

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.