|new model upload email problems [message #8256] Sat, 12 December 2009 08:24 UTC
The new model upload email -- "Thanks for uploading a model" -- contains several errors.|
My most recent upload email reads as copied below. There are numerous errors.
1) "successful upload of your model '' " Missing model name.
2) "Through the interface in your 3D modeling software." No, I uploaded through the SW site.
3) "' is now available on your ' my design' page." Missing model name, spacing errors, etc.
4) "We will run a manual check on wall thickness to make absolutely sure it is printable." In this sentence, "it" refers to "wall thickness." It is clearer to say "your model is printable".
5) "You need to check the following boxes on your ' my designs' pages:
'This design is my own work'
Shapeways is granted a license to print my model'"
I agreed to this upon upload. Why do I need to do it again?
6) "Go there now" Missing period.
7) "Maybe I can suggest a few things to do next?" "I"? The email is now signed by 3 people, not just Joris. "I" --> "We".
"You can add photo's" No apostrophe, please. Not a possessive or a contraction.
9) "For Stainless Steel models it takes 14 working days to arrive" Better to write, "Stainless steel models take 14 working days to arrive."
Thanks for listening. -- Allan
We just received the successful upload of your model '' through the interface in your 3D modeling software. We ran some checks automatically and it looks like your model can be printed. ' is now available on your ' my design' page on Shapeways.
So you are almost ready to order a model of your design. There are some more steps to take though:
We will run a manual check on wall thickness to make absolutely sure it is printable. If you don't hear back from us on this, your model is fine.
You need to check the following boxes on your ' my designs' pages:
'This design is my own work'
Shapeways is granted a license to print my model'
Go there now
Maybe I can suggest a few things to do next?
Make sure people can find your work. Check the title, description, tags etc. on the model's detail page.
Spice up your gallery. You can add photo's, action shots or renderings to the model.
Let us print your model. Within ten working days, you'll be able to hold a model made in plastic in your hands! For Stainless Steel models it takes 14 working days to arrive.
Sell your model. On your 'profile page' you can open a shop, sell your models and earn royalties. We'll take care of ordering, production, shipping and customer service.
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
|Re: new model upload email problems [message #8493 is a reply to message #8256 ] Tue, 22 December 2009 10:55 UTC
Thanks for helping us improve our messages. After a successful upload you are supposed to receive a message with this content:
Thanks for uploading a model
We just received the successful upload of your model 'test stl.stl'. We will now run some automated checks to see if your model can be printed.
We will get back asap to you with the results of the checks.
However we have made a separate e-mail for our new feature: API, or direct upload from your favorite software.
Then you will have to grant license to your model. That makes this e-mail a lot clearer.
I will implement your other suggestions in this e-mail template. If you receive the content like you described with your next upload, please send me a message so I can further investigate.