Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » just another...manifold problem
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
just another...manifold problem [message #8226] Fri, 11 December 2009 01:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar Mark_Kendrick  is currently offline Mark_Kendrick
Go to my shop
Hi all,
I use Solid Edge CAD for my design work.
The object I have attached is giving me non-manifold grief.
SE doesn't tell me of any problems, and from fumbling with Rhino4 all I know is:
Mesh has 10 degenerate faces.
Mesh has 6 non manifold edges.
but I don't know where the problem areas are on the model.
If someone could please tell me where the problems are, or even fix if its not too much trouble, I would be most appreciative.
Thanks,
Mark

Re: just another...manifold problem [message #8227 is a reply to message #8226 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 02:05 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dadrummond  is currently offline dadrummond
Go to my shop
Try Netfabb. It's free, and it works really well for identifying problem areas. Endorsed by SW, too.

http://www.netfabb.com/

------------------
Elytra on Shapeways: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/elytra
Re: just another...manifold problem [message #8229 is a reply to message #8227 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 03:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Inlite  is currently offline Inlite
Go to my shop
Try this, the only non - manifold parts I found were on 2 of the rivets, took me 2 min to merge some vertices and re export using blender.

I did a test upload and it uploaded successfully too Smile

Re: just another...manifold problem [message #8230 is a reply to message #8227 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 04:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks Dadrummond,
Not being a practising surface modeller, netfabb didn't make a lot of sense to me, but i think I worked out the problem through trial and error.
Got there in the end,
Thanks
Mark
Re: just another...manifold problem [message #8231 is a reply to message #8229 ] Fri, 11 December 2009 04:07 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks Inlite,
I will have a look at yours and see what went wrong, much appreciated!
-Mark

Previous Topic:3-D Newb needs help with manifold problems (I know....)
Next Topic:Non-manifold/Inverted normals check program for Mac

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.