ShapeJS error window

Discussion in 'ShapeJS' started by 279060_deleted, Dec 4, 2013.

1. 279060_deleted
    279060_deleted Active Member
    Hi,

I'm exploring Shapeways ShapeJS and would like to see the examples, but I keep getting an error box and empty creator. See attachment. I have the latest version of Firefox and Javascript from other sources works fine on my system/browser. I'm stumped.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Looks suspiciously like what Bathsheba reported a few days ago here. From that thread it appears to be something specific to firefox on some windows installations, using chrome is suggested as a workaround. For the record I have not seen similar with Linux Firefox, but then I have not had much time for playing with the shapejs system either.

3. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    I'm working on a script and having a couple problems.

------------------------------
    Late night ramblings deleted!
    ------------------------------
    ETA
    I think I found my problem. The script was alternately running and giving an error which was weird. I think I traced this down to a variable being defined as 'variablen' but when used it was called 'variable' which seems to have partially confused things. And the part of the script relating to that variable naming error did work but the error seems to have screwed up a totally unrelated statement.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  4. MrNib
    MrNib Well-Known Member
    My script that worked this morning no longer functions. Also some of the examples are not working, including the subtraction example. The common error appears to be TypeError: [object Object] is not a function, it is object. I saw some other comments about creators in the main forum so perhaps these things are related.