Model rejected by Shapeways, printed at half size by concurrent !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vidalcris, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Shapeways is the worst 3D printing service.
    I received again a rejection for nothing this morning and that's all, i will not modify any models anymore for you !!!

Here is a picture that just show the truth :
    2 Trixies.JPG

The big version as been rejected by Shapeways, and we have just printed it at 50% of this size to show how much shapeways are bad.
    Thats all.

I will not modify anything again in my models for you.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  2. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Look at this rejection i received this morning :
    unnamed.jpg

Thats just a fuckin joke ... The number have absolutely no sense all is ok to print the model...

3. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Oh and also i won the Bathroom signage contest one month ago.
    I never received any picture of the printed winner product. Speaking with the SW team is just horrible ! I dont receive a reply !!!

I will also never more work for your contest because that look also a joke ...

I'm working for two years now with SW and you have printed at least 300 models for me... that was pretty cool but now you are just unable to do anything correctly ... is that the only reward you can give to us ??? !!!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  4. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey Vidalcris,

I'm sorry you're unhappy about us not printing this model. In our experience, printing this model would cause a very high change of breakage - either during printing or during shipping. In fact, we've attempted to print your models 4 times and they all broke. With rates like this, we could not maintain our printing costs for Full Color Sandstone. More importantly - if we print such models once, our customers would expect us to print these in the future as well (and rightly so!), and our costs could increase exponentially.

So while I understand your frustration, I believe we're making the right choice here.

5. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    I can print it as many time as i want at 50% of the size and you can't even have one out of the printer at 100% ? Are you sure you are working with people who know how to work ?
    I think i can make a better work for you ;)

6. bartv
    bartv Member
    That sucks. I'll ping the team about it. Sorry!

7. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Hi vidalcris - we didn't forget about you! The LIC factory is excited for the signs

They already printed the bathroom signs but they came out a little too small to see...so we are scaling them up to make them much bigger.

Once they are dyed pink and blue I'll have a photo for you and well put it in the contest thread too!

You'll see them soon! :)

8. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Hey Natalia !
    Look like you are not receiving my emails.. I'm really happy to read your reply ;)
    What about the Handi Sign i did for you after the contest ?

9. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Designers sure would be happier if SW backed such phrases with pictures of the broken part.

10. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Rejection for nothing of the day :
    unnamed.jpg

Now you are playing with me thats pretty fun ...

11. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Hi Videlcris,

I checked the rejection for the Spyro model and spotted that the production team did in include
    "Comment: We have tried to print this model twice, the first time it broke at its wing and the second time it broke at the tail."

Last time the Spyro was rejected it had this comment:
    "Comment: We have tried to print your model twice, unfortunately parts kept breaking like the feet, please try to thicken those the feet. ps. cool model!"

To me this does mean that the production teams are having issues with cleaning your model.
    Please do note that the models do not come out of the printer in the state you receive them.

I uploaded a video on youtube of Sad Keanu (which is around 5mm thick) that there is a difference between the printed model and the end result (after dipping in the CA)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBgS7c5KBRQ

12. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    This video is a joke i'm sorry to say that ... just look at my first post ;)
    Something rejected by you can be printed at 50% of the size with a color printer.

Last year you was just printing the models correctly but now you are rejecting everything !!
    I cant imagine a new designer happy with the new system, he will just leave ... i hope you will change like you was before...

13. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Last year FCS was handled by a production partner, recently they started doing it themselves. Either the previous partner was
    much more generous with the number of printing attempts, or shapies just need to get more experience with cleaning things that
    are not quite shaped like a potato.
    BTW, have you ordered multiple copies of your test case from that competitor ? They might have the same policy of "bend over backwards for the first copy, reject based on success rate later" ...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  14. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    50% size does not always mean its more difficult to print.
    In case of your first post in this topic, the bigger model was rejected due to it breaking at its knee (probably due to the weight).
    While the smaller one is less heavy and thus easier to process.

You are correct regarding last year, we did print a lot of models.
    Unfortunately for a lot of models it took several attempts to print something right and we didn't communicate this which is something I do apologize for.
    As this was losing Shapeways a lot of money we have been looking more strict at models and decided to reject the model if it breaks twice.

I'm not sure why you think the video is a joke, this is a real model, i'll be happy to demonstrate in person (you'll have to visit our Eindhoven factory though).

DSCN1931.JPG
    Apologies for the head, i just broke that part.
    But it does show you the wing and tail that have broken.

15. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    I'm talking with them directly on the phone and there is nothing going to trash so this is your process that is not good i'm sorry ...

And this is the model i received personnaly 3 time, and a lots of customers too i think :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  16. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    I can't comment on your OP, but for Spyro the wings and tail do not seem to meet the min. guidelines (3mm min wall free, 2mm supported no hanging structures for the wing and 3mm unsupported wire for the tail).

I understand your frustration, but when you are pushing the boundaries things cannot always print.

On the other hand, I have problems getting consistent prints in Strong and Flexible that do meet the guidelines. But that's another story....

17. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    I already have got problem with big 10 inch models WSF. Look like the rules cant speak about all models in this case.

If you agree with the new FCS rules saying that we cant go out of the rules be happy to only create round models like potatoes ;)

I cant protect Shapeways... do what you want but you will understand a day or another that they are just frustating us !

I will not make my models more like potatoes for shapeways ! i already modified all of them one by one to allow the printability. But now we cant print any spike or anything under 2mm !! I just cannot work like that this is impossible !!

Dont forget something crazy about the price !!
    50% of the size mean 12.5% of the volume !
    So shapeways ask us to make ou models bigger ! but why ?? to make more money !!

18. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    Ok now you are directly against me because i posted your incapacity to do something correctly ??? !!!!

Another rejection for nothing :
    unnamed (1).jpg

Thanks a lot really SW i cant say how much im happy to have worked for you all this time to be treated like that now !!

19. Vidalcris
    Vidalcris Member
    I want the list with all emails of my customers !!! How can i explain them that i'm far to be the problem in this affair ??? you are now showing me like someone unable to create a printable model ? The truth is that you are just unable to use a printer by yourself !!!
    I will not let you do that you can be sure about that !!!
    I'm really upset against you Shapeways !

20. FreeRangeBrain
    FreeRangeBrain Active Member
    2.84mm and 2.77mmm are both under the 3mm minimum for unsupported wires. Yup, I'd reject it too.