Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Modeling the Face of a Robotic Defender of the Universe?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Modeling the Face of a Robotic Defender of the Universe? [message #80023] Wed, 27 November 2013 21:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar GInSpace76  is currently offline GInSpace76
Go to my shop
I am making my own 3D-printable, transforming model of an 1980s robot icon -- Vehicle Voltron, the one comprised of 15 vehicles (as opposed to the one comprised of five robotic lions). I'm having difficulty modeling the robot's face, and I'm wondering what a skilled modeler might charge in order to make a 3D-printable model of the face that would be compatible with the rest of the robot, which I'm already working on.

Requirements:
* Model should consist of the face -- from roughly eyebrow level and extending downward -- as well as the neck. The robot has no ears or nostrils, and the overall contours of the face and neck are simpler than those of a human.
* Face and neck should greatly resemble what is depicted in the '80s cartoon Voltron: Defender of the Universe -- to re-emphasize, this is the "Vehicle" version of Voltron, not the "Lion" version. I will provide reference images.
* Model should be 3D-printable with no obvious faceting at the desired print size (see below).
* Approximate dimensions:
* Total width: 20 mm
* Height (face and neck): 25 mm
* Depth (max): No more than 5 mm -- preferably less than 5 mm
* Model should be like a relief sculpture rather than a full front half-head. I can explain further if this is unclear.

Is anyone interested? Thanks in advance for any replies.

(In case this matters, I will *not* be selling this model.)
Re: Modeling the Face of a Robotic Defender of the Universe? [message #80041 is a reply to message #80023 ] Thu, 28 November 2013 00:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar 3DSwim  is currently offline 3DSwim
Go to my shop
pm sent;)

[Updated on: Thu, 28 November 2013 00:56 UTC]

Re: Modeling the Face of a Robotic Defender of the Universe? [message #80148 is a reply to message #80041 ] Fri, 29 November 2013 04:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Everyone, thanks for the private messages.

The attached PDF file contains visual references and additional information about the Vehicle Voltron face.

Please let me know via private message whether you believe the project is feasible -- and what you would charge to make the face.

Thanks again!

[Updated on: Fri, 29 November 2013 06:22 UTC]

Re: Modeling the Face of a Robotic Defender of the Universe? [message #84697 is a reply to message #80148 ] Mon, 10 February 2014 21:47 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
To follow up... I did find and commission a fellow "Shapie" to model the face that I was seeking. I'm very pleased with the result. Thanks again!

Previous Topic:Modeler Needed for Simple, Custom Bezels for Micro Displays
Next Topic:Hinge closure needed

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.