Set up shop with markup and shop shows net pricing.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by brianberman, Nov 24, 2013.

1. brianberman
    brianberman Member
    This is rather critical. I set up my shop today and now when I search or have my wife search, the prices are the net prices you would charge me and don't have the markup that I indicated on them. What's up with that? What did I do wrong? I don't want to have to throw away 5 hours of work to get it right. Please let me know right away. Thanks, Brian

2. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Looking, it seems all is OK, or you managed to design 9 items that all have prices ending in nice .00.

Try different account or log out. If still wrong prices...

3. brianberman
    brianberman Member
    Thanks for your prompt help. What I don't understand is that I asked my wife to check the pricing on her laptop, and it showed the net pricing as well. When I logged out, the prices were nicely rounded to $00 as you said. This is a relief as I was expecting that everyone on shapeways was going to order them up and I would have been a failure at business in my shop on day 1. I'll try to figure out why it shows as net on my wife's computer. Thanks again for jumping in, I was a bit freaked to see it on her computer. B

4. bartv
    bartv Member
    If you're logged in, you will see your own prices without markup (obviously, if you order your own work you won't have to pay the markup ;).

5. brianberman
    brianberman Member
    Thanks for getting back to me with this information. I suggest that this is written on the how to set up your store in bold letters. After spending hours working on the store set up, the shock of only seeing the net pricing was a freak out. Checking on my wife's computer confirmed my freak out. I don't know why she would also be getting the net pricing.

Anyway, we resolved it. How to generate some sales? I will look into it, and see if I can drive some traffic to the my shop. Any tips are welcomed. Brian

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    We just did a series of blog posts titled Shop Owner Challenge. Which was a challenge for shop owners to improve their shops. Here they are (with a few extra blog posts that popped up for also containing the phrase "shop owner challenge")