Home » Community » It arrived! » Stereo Twin-Rig Base
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8089] Sat, 05 December 2009 05:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar tones3-d  is currently offline tones3-d
Go to my shop
My Canon-SDM Twin-Rig stereo 3-D camera base arrived.

I coloured it black with permanent marker (now I'd pay the extra to get it made in "Black, Strong and Flexible).

index.php?t=getfile&id=1927&private=0

It takes 3 AAAA batteries for the remote triggering; all wiring is internal to the base and no machining was needed. The switch and battery covers are a nice firmly fitting dovetail slide, thanks to the good acuracy of the printing process.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1928&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1929&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1930&private=0

Stereo Data Maker, based on the Canon Hack Development Kit, is loaded onto the cameras' memory cards; this allows remote triggering via the USB connectors, and a myriad of extra functionality to the cameras.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1931&private=0

The resulting stereo 3-D pairs are projected onto a silver screen through polarising filters; we wear similarly oriented polarising glasses for viewing, and the qualiy of 3-D is excellent.

Re: Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8090 is a reply to message #8089 ] Sat, 05 December 2009 08:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar swirlingbrain  is currently offline swirlingbrain
Go to my shop
Sweet!
Re: Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8101 is a reply to message #8090 ] Sat, 05 December 2009 23:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Wolfdagon  is currently offline Wolfdagon
Go to all my models
Nice. I have a couple of photography related ideas that I may try.
Re: Stereo Twin-Rig Base [message #8116 is a reply to message #8089 ] Sun, 06 December 2009 21:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar StormRunner  is currently offline StormRunner
Go to all my models
That is very cool.

Previous Topic:Distorted Cube by OSKAR
Next Topic:Crazy Six by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.