SketchUp

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by 294324_deleted, Nov 14, 2013.

1. I have a file SketchUp file I want to download. I get a message that the file is not accepted. How can I make 'good file' in sketup?

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Not sure from the description what you did - did you try to upload the .skp file to shapeways, or did you export from sketchup to one of the supported file formats (which coming from sketchup would probably be .dae , .obj or .stl) ?

3. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Export, 3Dmodel as Dae. A model file and a folder with the textures will be created. Put the model file in the textures folder. Open the textures folder. Select all of the files to create a Zip file. Make sure there are no other folders inside the Zip file.
    Upload the Zip file as Meters

4. I'm amazed that worked! That Sketchup file was pretty messy...Shapeways' automatic fix is pretty amazing.

5. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hurrah!

6. I understand now how to upload a model. But the model is to small, how can I make it bigger in SkechUp?

Attached Files:

7. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Use the 'Scale' tool. pick the model, you will notice it has 'grips' all around. Pick a 'grip' which is diagonally opposite. Type in the Scale. 2 is double the size, 0.5 is half the size.
    Scale.png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013