Corfe Castle Railway Station and Selsey Tramway Falcon coach in British N Scale (1/148)

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 47641_deleted, Nov 13, 2013.

1. 47641_deleted
    47641_deleted Member
    Finally, after much work, multiple problems and occasional cancellation when trying to print, because of tiny details..., I have in my hands this little wonder.

Knowing the limitations of the WSF material, I have to admit that when I've opened the box and look at the model... I've been pleasantly thrilled with the result.

I know that photos are not very good, but I hope you can appreciate the result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here, my printed model compared to a commercial model:

[​IMG]

The question of tiny details is a real problem because I can not pretend to open a shop and having to write an email every time someone wants to buy the model, taking responsibility for details in printed model are not well defined , but I hope that, in a near future , Shapeways decide to include a checkbox or something so, under the heading 'print under my responsibility ', to work normally with this type of models.

I also hope that in future we can enjoy higher resolution materials with the same price of WSF (or less , of course XD :D ) and that the final result for this scale (1/148) could be a bit better.

Well, overall I have to admit that result of printed model has been very good.

And this is a Selsey Tramway Falcon passenger bogies coach printed in FUD, including NEM couplings, whose final appearance is downright better than my previous test in this same material.

[​IMG]

I've 'printed' wheels and couplers to see the posibilities of printing this kind of stuff, and the result has been not bad at all, but it seems that printing process of round parts is not completely 'spherical' , but I can replace printed wheels with Graham Farish metallic wheels and it rolls much better.

[​IMG]

I have things to improve, as the overall modeling and size of the details, because some parts are too fragile, but I have to say that getting in my hands my own printed models, coming out of the screen, after 20 years giving to the subject of 3d modelling, is one of the most rewarding things I have ever spent.

And this is a link to a youtube video with the coach rolling (loaded with a few nuts, because it weighs nothing and derail while passing turnouts ).

https://youtu.be/BmXYWtt-G-g

I apologize because video it is not a masterpiece, shooted over my layout under construction, that doesn't offer a too pleasant landscape (in fact, it shows that I have to push a little the 'Terrier' loco to start moving ... :blush: ) and the room is poorly lit, and well, but the fact is that you can see that it actually rolls :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013