Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Importing x3db into maya (or converting to .obj)?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Importing x3db into maya (or converting to .obj)? [message #77423] Thu, 24 October 2013 00:50 UTC Go to next message
avatar azabt  is currently offline azabt
Go to my shop
After around 20 minutes of google searching different .x3db topics I've still not found a way to import the .x3db files into maya. All of the software and plugins seem to only make it possible to export or edit .x3db, while import isn't mentioned. I use maya and mudbox, and I wanted to edit one of my basic ring designs into something more sculpted than can be created in the shapeways ring creator, while preserving the correct sizing and thickness of the original model. Since the "download model" option only gives me an .x3db file, is there any way I can convert it to, say, an .obj or .mb file? (I tried changing filename extension to .obj just hoping for a miracle but no luck)

What's the time? It's time to get ill
Re: Importing x3db into maya (or converting to .obj)? [message #77888 is a reply to message #77423 ] Wed, 30 October 2013 21:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar vileraisin  is currently offline vileraisin
Go to my shop
Have you tried using Meshlab?

https://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/how_to_use_meshlab_and_n etfabb

Previous Topic:Spore Creatures, newbie needs help, please.
Next Topic:Which app for wood grain?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.