Home » Support » Suggestions » Shipping options at checkout
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Shipping options at checkout [message #77379] Wed, 23 October 2013 15:47 UTC Go to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
I believe this only applies to North American orders at the moment. Maybe.

There was an announcement made that shipping was now available at a few different service (speed) levels. When checking out the goodies in the shopping cart, however, there is no selectable option. Yes, I sent an email to service regarding my shipping preference referencing my order number, and have full expectation that they'll follow my request. Newbies and guests may not realise that an option exists.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Shipping options at checkout [message #77384 is a reply to message #77379 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 16:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You are almost correct as Canada is part of North America. Shipping options are currently available for US residents only.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Shipping options at checkout [message #77387 is a reply to message #77384 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 17:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
Hmm... Interesting. My last order came via ground. All previous came via air. Still UPS, still presumed to be flat rate. No indication that the latest would be different, with the exception of the announcement previously mentioned. (Yeah, I thought it odd, considering the change was with regard to USPS, not UPS.)

(No, I don't crave a different carrier, though not having ridiculous brokerage fees would be nice. That's a beef I have with UPS, not Shapeways.)

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.
Re: Shipping options at checkout [message #77657 is a reply to message #77387 ] Sun, 27 October 2013 23:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
FreeRangeBrain wrote on Wed, 23 October 2013 17:38

Hmm... Interesting. My last order came via ground. All previous came via air. Still UPS, still presumed to be flat rate. No indication that the latest would be different, with the exception of the announcement previously mentioned. (Yeah, I thought it odd, considering the change was with regard to USPS, not UPS.)

(No, I don't crave a different carrier, though not having ridiculous brokerage fees would be nice. That's a beef I have with UPS, not Shapeways.)

Yes, ever since they started offering the shipping options to US customers, all Canada shipments have become Ground rather than Air.

So far, we've seen a drawback of this system, with no benefit.
Re: Shipping options at checkout [message #77699 is a reply to message #77379 ] Mon, 28 October 2013 15:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

To clarify, if you are not in the US (and can choose your shipping option) we ship UPS Ground everywhere as a default, but if the order is threatening to be late, we choose 2 day or next day air to get it to you on time.

Canadian shipping has not changed in any way - we only changed the US shipping so far.

That said, we are continuing to improve shipping for the WHOLE world, so stay tuned for details soon Wink

Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Shipping options at checkout [message #77703 is a reply to message #77699 ] Mon, 28 October 2013 16:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
natalia wrote on Mon, 28 October 2013 15:47

Hey guys,

To clarify, if you are not in the US (and can choose your shipping option) we ship UPS Ground everywhere as a default, but if the order is threatening to be late, we choose 2 day or next day air to get it to you on time.

Canadian shipping has not changed in any way - we only changed the US shipping so far.

That said, we are continuing to improve shipping for the WHOLE world, so stay tuned for details soon Wink

Natalia

Yes, Canadian shipping has changed. Before the US got shipping options, everything shipped by air (or 'UPS SAVER', arriving the next day) - now, it ships by ground (or 'UPS Standard', arriving in a few days).

I'm fine with that change (especially if it's the harbinger of more shipping options), but don't tell me there WASN'T one.
Re: Shipping options at checkout [message #77706 is a reply to message #77379 ] Mon, 28 October 2013 16:38 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Okay.

I will keep you posted with improvements Smile

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:More Color Choices in Polished Nylon
Next Topic:More than one Shop per Designer

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.