Home » Community » Introductions » Introduction and first inquiry
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Introduction and first inquiry [message #77037] Fri, 18 October 2013 22:59 UTC Go to next message
avatar m_k_r  is currently offline m_k_r
Go to my shop
Hello everyone,

I'm a maker and I'm new to Shapeways. I'm in the process of refining models and opening up a shop. I was wondering, can you create your own creator app? For example, there's a "Custom Ring" creator (www.shapeways.com/creator/custom-ring). Can I make a creator app for my own product? Like "...creator/my_product?" Please let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks and I'm very excited to be here!

-Dave
Re: Introduction and first inquiry [message #77042 is a reply to message #77037 ] Sat, 19 October 2013 02:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I would suggest you start by trying ShapeJS.
http://shapejs.shapeways.com/

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products
Re: Introduction and first inquiry [message #77230 is a reply to message #77042 ] Mon, 21 October 2013 17:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Awesome, thank you very much for the link and quick response!
Re: Introduction and first inquiry [message #77749 is a reply to message #77230 ] Tue, 29 October 2013 10:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey Maker_Rabbit,

we'd also be keen to hear your thoughts on ShapeJS on the dedicated ShapeJS forum. Please share both the good and bad so we can improve it!

Thanks,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Introduction and first inquiry [message #78247 is a reply to message #77749 ] Tue, 05 November 2013 20:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hey guys,

Sorry bartv, I didn't see your response until now. Yeah, I'll definitely post on the ShapeJS Forum as I'm refining my creator app.

Stupid question time: once I finish making this app and it's open for others to use, do I make a profit every time it's used? Or maybe this is a better question to post on the ShapeJS forum?

Thanks!
Re: Introduction and first inquiry [message #78292 is a reply to message #78247 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 10:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
We're not ready yet to support this, but obviously that's something we're considering Smile Please post your suggestion on the ShapeJS forum so the ShapeJS team sees it too.

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Introduction and first inquiry [message #78337 is a reply to message #77749 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 16:32 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Hey Bart,

Yes, that would be a great motivator for folks. Ok, I'll post on there. Maybe it can at least get a conversation started about it.

Thanks again!

-Maker Rabbit

Previous Topic:Hi all from Ohio! Need urgent help with printer!
Next Topic:Hi 3D modeler in Hong Kong

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.