Home » Community » General Discussion » Has anyone refused delivery from UPS?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #76967] Thu, 17 October 2013 20:32 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I have written to customer service but thought I'd post here as well to get some feedback.

I'd like to know what the repercussions are for the refusal of an item I ordered when UPS show up? UPS left a delivery attempt notice at my door for a silver ring that I paid $46.21 for, including $6.50 delivery.... NOW, the UPS notice says I owe $38 for COD charges!! I'm tempted to refuse it since there is no way I can sell this ring for anywhere near what it is going to cost me! $38 extra for a ring that cost $39 !! This is getting ridiculous.

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #76969 is a reply to message #76967 ] Thu, 17 October 2013 21:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar andrewsimonthomas  is currently offline andrewsimonthomas
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey Glenn,

I answered your email, just wanted you to know Smile

Andrew at Customer Service

andrewsimonthomas.com Do do freelance 3D design! PM me!
Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77036 is a reply to message #76967 ] Fri, 18 October 2013 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks, Andrew. Yep, the driver is taking it back to the office to "sort out".

Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77355 is a reply to message #77036 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 09:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey lensman,

just to be sure - was this a delivery to Canada? Was this related to import fees?

Did you hear back from them yet?

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77367 is a reply to message #76967 ] Wed, 23 October 2013 13:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Yes, it was to Canada. And, yes, it was import fees, I believe. I can't say for sure because since the driver departed with box in hand I've heard nothing since!

I'm going to try and call them today but I'm not holding my breath that I'll get anywhere.

Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77447 is a reply to message #76967 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 11:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Bart, I'm going to send you a PM. Not happy with UPS who state on the tracking info that I DO NOT ACCEPT COD's and that I REFUSED the package which is entirely untrue.

Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77450 is a reply to message #76967 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 13:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
So, for future reference to anyone else experiencing higher than normal charges from UPS at the door please be advised I just found out from UPS why these charges were so high: Apparently the package was shipped via GROUND delivery and not AIR as is usual from Shapeways. UPS rep told me that was directly the cause for the increased cost, since I had her check other recent packages and confirmed they were AIR shipments.

I have requested info from Customer Service as to why this occurred.

Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77461 is a reply to message #77367 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PeregrineStudios  is currently offline PeregrineStudios
Go to my shop
lensman wrote on Wed, 23 October 2013 13:06

Yes, it was to Canada. And, yes, it was import fees, I believe. I can't say for sure because since the driver departed with box in hand I've heard nothing since!

I'm going to try and call them today but I'm not holding my breath that I'll get anywhere.

Just so everyone understands what's happening with that fee:

If you look at your receipt, it should be broken down into Import Duties and GST (or however they choose to label them), and Brokerage. The Import Duties and GST are what the Canadian government actually charged you for importing it (they only charge you that if the package is over $20 CAD in value). The brokerage fee is what UPS charges you because they had to sign a couple pieces of paper to import that item with duties attached.

The difference of course is that compared to say, the postal service, which will only randomly charge packages import tax, UPS will make sure you get charged every damn time so they can get their brokerage fee.
Re: Has anyone refused delivery from UPS? [message #77487 is a reply to message #76967 ] Thu, 24 October 2013 16:33 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
True enough, but the EXTRA cost was because the package was shipped differently. And I'd like to know why.
Edit: And I couldn't look at the shipping info/invoice because I didn't have the package in my hand. I was given a breakdown of the fees by the UPS rep though.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2013 16:35 UTC]

Previous Topic:Will There Ever Be...
Next Topic:paypal in euro or dollar

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.