Home » Support » Suggestions » Delete own posts in the forum
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Delete own posts in the forum [message #76947] Thu, 17 October 2013 17:52 UTC Go to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Sometimes it would be useful if one could delete one's own posting in the forum - at least when there is not yet any reply to it.
(For cases like inadvertent duplicate postings, posting in the wrong subforum by mistake, or replying in a thread that has received a better answer while the message was composed)
Re: Delete own posts in the forum [message #76955 is a reply to message #76947 ] Thu, 17 October 2013 18:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
You can always report your message and someone will take care of it for you. I think it's a rights setting that would give you more rights than just deleting your own posts.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Delete own posts in the forum [message #77120 is a reply to message #76947 ] Sun, 20 October 2013 10:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
mkroeker wrote on Thu, 17 October 2013 17:52

Sometimes it would be useful if one could delete one's own posting in the forum - at least when there is not yet any reply to it.
(For cases like inadvertent duplicate postings, posting in the wrong subforum by mistake, or replying in a thread that has received a better answer while the message was composed)

But.. but... i like to read your posts!

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: Delete own posts in the forum [message #77328 is a reply to message #76947 ] Tue, 22 October 2013 19:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
You could just edit them, erase the contests, and post a new title that says "Admins please delete"

I suppose what would also help in (at least this case) is for the thread author to be able to lock a thread themselves.
Re: Delete own posts in the forum [message #77332 is a reply to message #77328 ] Tue, 22 October 2013 19:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
MrNib wrote on Tue, 22 October 2013 19:14

post a new title that says "Admins please delete"

I'd prefer hitting the report to moderator button, as I go through the reports first thing when I see a reported thread. I may never find an edited post that asks me to delete it.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Personalized Default settings when uploading objects
Next Topic:A Forums button on the home header bar