Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Search Engine failure?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  Search Engine failure? [message #76903] Wed, 16 October 2013 21:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar bavarian_arts_and_crafts  is currently offline bavarian_arts_and_crafts
Go to my shop
Hi *,

I've got a strange problem here:

A model in my shop, perma-link: http://shpws.me/pt79

When I use the search form to look for 'expensive', 'billion', 'dollar', 'coin' (or combinations of these words), my model is not found/ displayed. It has been uploaded a couple of days ago, so switching the result order to 'Newest' should bring it up near the top on longer result lists.

Can somebody please enlighten me what is going wrong here?

kind regards,

BAAC
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #76906 is a reply to message #76903 ] Wed, 16 October 2013 21:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
The Shapeways search engine does not work - it has been discussed many times in the Forums.Keywords do work up to a point - have you set them up?
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #76907 is a reply to message #76906 ] Wed, 16 October 2013 22:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi AmLachDesigns,

I would not state that the search does not work at all, when looking for 'hidden compartment', it comes up with http://shpws.me/pnRx , that is correct.
My other stuff is found, too (tried 'grappling hook', 'mesh' or 'soccero'). Only that coin is troublesome (so far).

I will try some keywords/ tags until this is fixed.

thanks for your help,

BAAC
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #76923 is a reply to message #76907 ] Thu, 17 October 2013 12:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hmm, sorry to hear that. I'll forward this issue to our search engine developer!

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #76931 is a reply to message #76923 ] Thu, 17 October 2013 14:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Well, I must apologise - I see that changes have been made, and it seems to work a little better now. In my defence this was previously much discussed in the forums and I have no idea when this change was made as no posting was made in those discussions to my knowledge - was it announced?

Having said that, for example when I search for Letzebuerg only some of the models with this as a Tag come up. Apparently 'Letzebuerg' is not equal to 'L√ętzebuerg'. So anyone using accents and special characters, time to double up on those oh-so-easy-to-maintain Tags...
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #77061 is a reply to message #76931 ] Sat, 19 October 2013 09:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar equilux  is currently offline equilux
Go to my shop
I'm interested in models of a particular scale. Previously searching for a scale, e.g. "1:148", brought up only models of interest but I now get 10000+ results. If I search for "1/148" I still get the results I expect.

I'd quite like both search terms to return the same results.

James
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #77686 is a reply to message #76923 ] Mon, 28 October 2013 14:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi Bart,

any new information from the developer?

I uploaded a second version with similar description, and this one works and is found ( http://shpws.me/pAcE ).

So I still think your database/ search index is messed up somehow. If a module of your shop system is somehow generating 'crap' data, the more data you have the more 'crap' you'll get.
And since such problems propagate and tend to get bigger, not smaller, I suggest you try to fix this ASAP.

kind regards,
BAAC
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #77759 is a reply to message #77686 ] Tue, 29 October 2013 11:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hmm, that IS odd. I'll forward both cases to her and ask her to check it out. I agree, something's not right here and needs to be fixed.

Bart

Re: Search Engine failure? [message #78331 is a reply to message #77759 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 15:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
<another week gone by, still not working>
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #78332 is a reply to message #78331 ] Wed, 06 November 2013 15:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I know, all our devs are scrambling right now to get some other things in order for the holiday sales. I know it's a big nuisance, but this may take a few more weeks :-/

Re: Search Engine failure? [message #78485 is a reply to message #78332 ] Fri, 08 November 2013 15:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
seems it was easier than expected, I think it's working now Smile
Re: Search Engine failure? [message #78582 is a reply to message #78485 ] Sat, 09 November 2013 16:15 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Well how about that. I guess someone had some spare time Smile Glad to see this was fixed!

Previous Topic:Received an email confirmation for a model not my own
Next Topic:Frosted detail design guidelines inconsistent

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.