Home » Support » 3D Applications » Autodesk ReCap
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Autodesk ReCap [message #76688] Mon, 14 October 2013 12:39 UTC Go to next message
avatar anykey  is currently offline anykey
Go to all my models
Hi,
I am using Autodesk recap to generate 3d models from photos. (like 123d catch, but then higher resolution). The quality of models i am getting is great, I just do not know how to export this to files that shapeways understands, at least not to retain the colors.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Regards,
Richard
Re: Autodesk ReCap [message #76689 is a reply to message #76688 ] Mon, 14 October 2013 12:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
No experience with recap, but have you tried getting the mesh in OBJ format and uploading that to shapeways ?
Re: Autodesk ReCap [message #76690 is a reply to message #76689 ] Mon, 14 October 2013 12:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar anykey  is currently offline anykey
Go to all my models
yes, that works fine, but no color/texture
Re: Autodesk ReCap [message #76693 is a reply to message #76690 ] Mon, 14 October 2013 13:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
OK, so at least the mesh part works, but you will need a VRML/X3D or Collada/DAE file to get the textured mesh in a format that shapeways can handle. Can you try opening the OBJ in meshlab or blender ? If you see the texture there, try exporting to DAE or
X3D. (At least the latter will have the textures as a separate image file that needs to be zipped together with the .x3d file for upload)

Previous Topic:What is the best way to make gears in Blender 3D?
Next Topic:Uploading Issues

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.