Home » Support » Bug Reporting » There is a problem with automated check !!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76207] Sun, 06 October 2013 07:27 UTC Go to next message
avatar Vidalcris  is currently offline Vidalcris
Go to my shop
I cant upload anything, i always receive a message saying there is a problem with the model ...
By the way my models are ok Wink

Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76215 is a reply to message #76207 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 08:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NickHawkins  is currently offline NickHawkins
Go to my shop
I can't upload any models either.
Crying or Very Sad
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76219 is a reply to message #76215 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 10:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Same here, both for new items and updates of existing items.

The Email says
"Unfortunately, the model you recently uploaded 1 300 F9F Panther did not pass our initial printability checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing. Please visit your 3D model page to update your file:http://www.shapeways.com/model/upload-and-buy/1395542"

The model page says:
"We're unable to process this file. Check your file for errors and click 'Update File' to upload a new version. "

The rotating image briefly appears - it looks good - then disappears.

The above is a file I have succesfully uploaded a few days ago, so it should be OK.

Greetings
Dragoman

[Updated on: Sun, 06 October 2013 10:08 UTC]

Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76224 is a reply to message #76219 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 11:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar MitchellJetten  is currently offline MitchellJetten
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

We are aware of the issue and will fix this as soon as possible!

My apologies for the inconvenience Embarassed

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Customer Service Coordinator
Shapeways
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76225 is a reply to message #76224 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 11:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
I wonder if you could put up a temporary notice somewhere, perhaps in the banner area where you sometimes advertise discounts ?
Not everybody will look to the forums immediately, especially inexperienced designers might be misguided into reworking or abandoning
their models.
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76226 is a reply to message #76225 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 11:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TOPO  is currently offline TOPO
Go to my shop
+1

I spent a crazy hour doublechecking with netfab and updating model once and again till I've made the test of uploading a simple cube with the same results. Confused

A banner in the upload page would be much appreciated Crying or Very Sad

TOPO - www.toposolitario.com
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76227 is a reply to message #76225 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 11:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar karendel  is currently offline karendel
Go to all my models
mkroeker wrote on Sun, 06 October 2013 11:16

... especially inexperienced designers might be misguided into reworking or abandoning
their models.

You have that right! Thank God I finally checked the forum, thank you all SO MUCH for posting! So getting up before dawn to have some quiet time to design-fiddle was all for naught for this neophyte 3d designer wannabe. Two hours I'll never get back but at least I know I don't suddenly totally suck! Gratitude to Shapeways tech team, a site like this is NOT easy to run. Hope you find the glitch soon.

KarenDel
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76228 is a reply to message #76227 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 12:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Second idea - if there is nobody around with access to the web page (which would be quite understandable given that it is sunday and also early morning in the US): Anybody able to do a shapeways tweet (which would then seem to get copied to the footer are of the webpage automagically),
or do we need an early bird for that too ?
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76230 is a reply to message #76228 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 12:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
I wish I could, but this is something our dev team has to do Wink

Please keep in mind that it's a sunday and thus everything is being handled a bit slower (8:25 AM in NYC) than usual.

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76234 is a reply to message #76230 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 15:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hey guys,

This has been resolved!

You should be able to successfully upload a file right now Smile

Of course we will make sure that the next time this happens we inform you about a system failure rather than a model failure Wink

Kind regards,

Mitchell Jetten
Shapeways
Re: There is a problem with automated check !! [message #76236 is a reply to message #76234 ] Sun, 06 October 2013 15:51 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thanks to all shapies involved who got their plans for a quiet sunday busted.
(And may I suggest that the next failure may well be completely different, except that it will also happen at a weekend or local holiday.
So besides preparing for an automatic failure message in cases like the one we saw today, it might be useful to provide some emergency priviledges to the first shapie who "arrives at the scene" so that s/he can do a bit more than just volunteer for a round of whack-a-mole ?)

Previous Topic:Disabling Model File Downloads for Shops
Next Topic:can't delete model, can't rename others