Side Numbers in URL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by woody64, Sep 22, 2013.

1. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Please add the side number in the URL, so that a consequent browsing is possible.

When a customer navigates for example to side 4, looks on a model in detail and wants then back he will end up on side 1 (llosing his context)

That's an exit criteria for customers to leave the page!!!

Woody64

p.s: side = PAGE

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
    What do you mean by side and what part of the site are you talking about? And why not in the part of the forum meant for feedback on the site?

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Assuming "side"==page, it seems to work correctly for me (Linux Firefox) in the shops, the only issue I notice is that expansion of the feed (by clicking on
    "load more products") is reset when one returns there after looking at the details page of one of the displayed models.

4. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Yes, this is a pain in many areas.

StonySmith has a workaround in such situations, which is to open the link in a new window/tab (usually available by right-clicking on the link. Clunky, but effective until SW revisit their site navigation.

5. woody64
    Sorry I've used the wrong word. I've meant pages.

I have 8 pages in my shop. During administration I have to browse through the pages and change into the items detailed view. Clicking on browsers back always end in page 1.

That's a mess to me for administration but also a mess if shop visitors are doing that.

I know the workaround from StonySmith, but that's now a problem for several site/layout updates and should be easy to solve.

Woody64
    (If an admin wants to move that to site feedback, I don't care. For me it's a general problem that moving around in shop pages as admin or possible buyer is not proper supported ...)

6. woody64
    Correction: It seems to be only a problem of the MyModels view

Caused by some replies I've tested it beside my development working place on Ubuntu/Firefox also on XP/Explorer and XP/Firefox.

First I was astonished because it seems to work there, but then I recognized that i was on the normal shop page. After switching to the MyModels view iut was also a problem there ...