Home » Support » Buying » non UPS shipping
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
non UPS shipping [message #74967] Wed, 18 September 2013 12:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar ivo_knutsel  is currently offline ivo_knutsel
Go to all my models
I understand Shapeways needs UPS for international shipping but i believe UPS is a bad choice for a large part of Europe.

Using UPS to ship packages to me personally is pretty much useless. The box needs to be signed for and doesn't fit through the letterbox and the UPS delivery times are the same a the hours i'm expected to be at work. There is no way UPS can hand me this package and UPS doesn't seem to have a plan when they cannot hand over the package. It took me hours and trips to two different depots before i actually got my stuff.

PostNL (and by extension BPost, USPS.. and all the other old fashioned mail carriers) can be picked up every day between 8:00 and 20:00 at the supermarket just around the corner. I can manage and track parcels to me via their website.

I'll pay extra to not have to use UPS / Fedex / DHL
Re: non UPS shipping [message #75033 is a reply to message #74967 ] Wed, 18 September 2013 17:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
We have a thread concerning this issue. Please follow it here. Other shipping options have and are being investigated.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Using Walmart/Target Debit card.
Next Topic:September discount