Home » Community » 3D modelers for hire » Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured.*
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured.* [message #7662] Sun, 08 November 2009 12:42 UTC Go to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Expertise: Models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored
Experience: 10yrs+
Portfolio: Dot San
Flickr: Dot San on Flickr
Rate:Fixed rate,no two jobs are the same, email info@dotsan.com or dotsan01@gmail.com to discuss
Shapeways Interview
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
Society 6

We like challenges, so don't be shy in coming forward with any questions. Please feel free to contact my customers below for a reference.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7146/6761506563_2d250229e2_o.jpg
Your ideas modeled and checked for 3D Printing by Dot San by Dot San, on Flickr

[Updated on: Sat, 20 September 2014 08:03 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #7681 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 09 November 2009 09:33 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SDabbs  is currently offline SDabbs
Go to my shop
HI,

I just wanted to say that DotSan provided me with an excellent service - I tried hollowing the piece out myself (using zbrush) but ended up wih a lumpy un-uniformed thickness.

DotSan created the minimal wall thickness (to minimise material costs), remodeled the base (which was a vey unpleasant angled block) and re-created the plaque - which is so much cleaner now.

Thanks DotSan!!
Sketch Up model repaired [message #7695 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 09 November 2009 17:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Umberto had a model he created in Sketch Up, unfortunately it could not be printed because it had naked edges, non-manifold issues and disjointed parts. We were able to fix his Sketch Up file very quickly.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/4089530357_74c67fbd17.jpg

http://www.dotsan.com

www.dotsan.com
Re: Sketch Up model repaired [message #7712 is a reply to message #7695 ] Tue, 10 November 2009 09:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar umbe0471  is currently offline umbe0471
Go to my shop
I am a beginner, my sketcup model get the "manyfold error" so I searched help in the forum. DotSan fixed my model in few message posts, now I've ordered the model!
Thanks DotSan!
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #7855 is a reply to message #7662 ] Fri, 20 November 2009 17:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've been working with Travis from Mississippi. A fleet of battleships for a game he is putting together, there is still one more to do to complete the set. The models were created from his drawings.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2703/4119168739_59d378c6de.jpg

here's his shophttp://www.shapeways.com/shops/stellar_fury

[Updated on: Mon, 23 November 2009 19:31 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #7874 is a reply to message #7855 ] Mon, 23 November 2009 17:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar gamer  is currently offline gamer
Go to my shop
Jay,

Thanks for all your great work. You did a excellant job turning my drawings into 3-D works. You made the proccess easy and pleasant. Look forward to doing more work with you in the future.

Travis
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #7965 is a reply to message #7662 ] Sun, 29 November 2009 23:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TreadshotA1  is currently offline TreadshotA1
Go to my shop
Thanks to VirtualV for fixing two manifold errors i got from Sketchup. Fast turnaround, and good results.
icon14.gif  Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #8115 is a reply to message #7662 ] Sun, 06 December 2009 20:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar birdie15  is currently offline birdie15
Go to all my models
Thanks Virtual V, great job done redrawing my design after manifold errors. Big thumbs up.
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #8335 is a reply to message #8115 ] Tue, 15 December 2009 14:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Amon Desiree gave me this complicated Sketchup model with many problems. I remodeled it and shelled it.http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4038/4187828638_6c62a50413.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 17 December 2009 09:35 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
icon14.gif  Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #8366 is a reply to message #8335 ] Thu, 17 December 2009 02:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Amon26  is currently offline Amon26
Go to my shop
Heey its my jet!! woot! This man works magic, send him your love and money! A miracle worker, he is Smile
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #8840 is a reply to message #7662 ] Sat, 09 January 2010 05:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar matthornb  is currently offline matthornb
Go to my shop
Hey, VirtualV, great stuff!

I'm wondering, how much do you charge - what's a typical hourly rate for your work, and how many hours does an average, fairly simple model take you to repair?

I'm asking because there are some meshes I've made that I'm having difficulty getting clean enough for the uploader to accept them.

If your pricing is reasonable I might hand them off to you.
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired and shelled [message #8845 is a reply to message #8840 ] Sat, 09 January 2010 09:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi thanks for the enquiry, no two jobs are ever the same, email the models here info@dotsan.com
I'll get back to you with a schedule and cost.
Regards
V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9132 is a reply to message #7662 ] Thu, 21 January 2010 13:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here is a print of Hoodie, he's amazing and the print quality is brilliant. The process allows for easy variations of the colours and pattern, see it here http://www.shapeways.com/model/80951/hoodie.html

Cheers
V

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/4292312015_ed39b38d64_o.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 26 August 2011 09:16 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9140 is a reply to message #9132 ] Thu, 21 January 2010 20:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar SDabbs  is currently offline SDabbs
Go to my shop
Great job DotSan!!

The material used makes it look like fabric!
icon4.gif  Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9228 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 25 January 2010 21:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar onno1  is currently offline onno1
Go to all my models
Hello.
I have worked very hard on a model ariplane 3 in long but it has a manifold error. Sad I was wondering if you might be able to fix the issue because I am farely new at this. I used Google Sketchup to do this and If you could fix it I would be very, very, very gratefull. Thanks!
P.S. It would also be nice if you could make it hollow so it is cheaper.

• Attachment: Airplane.dae
    (Size: 92.16KB, Downloaded 256 time(s))

icon4.gif  Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9230 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 25 January 2010 22:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,
I have a manifold issue with my model that I worked very hard on but I dont know how to fix it. I was wondering if you might be able to fix it for me and find out how to make it hollow so it is cheaper. It was made in google sketchup. Thanks!
--Stuey

• Attachment: Airplane.skp
    (Size: 59.92KB, Downloaded 270 time(s))

icon4.gif  Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9231 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 25 January 2010 22:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,
I have a manifold issue with my model that I worked very hard on but I dont know how to fix it. I was wondering if you might be able to fix it for me and find out how to make it hollow so it is cheaper. It was made in google sketchup. Thanks!
--Stuey

• Attachment: Airplane.dae
    (Size: 92.16KB, Downloaded 261 time(s))

Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9235 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 25 January 2010 22:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,
P.S. It wont let me attach my file so if you think you can fix it send me your E-mail.
--Stuey
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #9293 is a reply to message #7662 ] Wed, 27 January 2010 11:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Here's full colour shelled print.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/85028/valentine_bunny.html[/url]

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4308224749_e71674dd62.jpg

V

[Updated on: Wed, 27 January 2010 11:28 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #10118 is a reply to message #9293 ] Mon, 22 February 2010 17:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I've just finished a project for David Mihail from www.scifiskunkwerks.blogspot.com

He wanted these models cleaned up of many problems including creating a single shell.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4379663294_922121a1fd_o.jpg

V

www.dotsan.com

[Updated on: Mon, 22 February 2010 17:26 UTC]

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #10196 is a reply to message #7662 ] Thu, 25 February 2010 13:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar dymihail  is currently offline dymihail
Go to all my models
Just wanted to give a big "Thank you" to Vijay. He does excellent work, quickly and at an affordable price. Best, he was able to put up with me. The top model was a digital kit-bash, and a thoroughly messy one. The bottom two were quick & dirty models. In each case, Vijay was able to make them watertight, manifold, align the normals and then shell the model. Great work, Vijay.
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #11132 is a reply to message #7662 ] Fri, 26 March 2010 15:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar PrintMyPumps  is currently offline PrintMyPumps
Go to all my models
Great! Nice to meet you. Take a look at these two articles on my blog.

Does shapeways have the capacity to print a shoe that is wearable? Take a look at this article on my blog (url below).

What material would you suggest for this? Let me know please and how long (how many hours) it would take you to create a design for a shoe.

http://www.tallshortgirl.com/2010/03/3d-printed-footwear-is- the-future/

If I sent you a pair to duplicate, could you create those 3d files for me? Right and Left foot? How long would that take you!?

Let me know! If the price is right, I hope we can work together!
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #11205 is a reply to message #11132 ] Mon, 29 March 2010 13:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Hi drop me an email here with your design info@dotsan.com

V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #11973 is a reply to message #7662 ] Wed, 21 April 2010 16:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar fahyg  is currently offline fahyg
Go to all my models
Great job done by Vijay at Dot San-affordable and efficient-i would highly recommend them
Gerry
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #13740 is a reply to message #7662 ] Wed, 16 June 2010 13:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tonyo'neill  is currently offline tonyo'neill
Go to my shop
Fast and efficient repair done on unprintable file by Vijay at DotSan. Will use him again.
Tony.
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #16400 is a reply to message #13740 ] Thu, 19 August 2010 13:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar shangshangw  is currently offline shangshangw
Go to all my models
Thank you Vijya for lower the polygon density of my model.
Great job and patient advices!
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled and colored [message #16485 is a reply to message #13740 ] Sat, 21 August 2010 16:53 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar tonyo'neill  is currently offline tonyo'neill
Go to my shop
Dot San has filled a knowledge gap in file fixing for me, enabling my Rhino drawings to be printed. This has significantly improved my work-flow.
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and colored [message #17300 is a reply to message #7662 ] Sun, 05 September 2010 23:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Klink  is currently offline Klink
Go to my shop
I needed to stop in here a give a big thank-you to Vijay for taking the time to help me with my models. Very quick and friendly.

A real pleasure !

Cheers
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and colored [message #18123 is a reply to message #17300 ] Tue, 21 September 2010 14:56 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Meekohi  is currently offline Meekohi
Go to my shop
Heya everyone, Vijay was very helpful (and fast) hollowing out a model for me. The cost of the final model printing was reduced from $200 down to about $50 Smile
Re: Have your models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and colored [message #21239 is a reply to message #18123 ] Fri, 03 December 2010 12:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar formpig  is currently offline formpig
Go to all my models
I found Vijay to be very helpful on a recent project.

I was also surprised to see the price differential between the "pre-shelled" and "post-shelled' model as test uploads to the Shapeways site.

Shelling is certainly cost efficient and Vijay was a pleasure to work with.

- Jonathan

Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #23150 is a reply to message #7662 ] Fri, 28 January 2011 15:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Carmoo3  is currently offline Carmoo3
Go to all my models
It has been a pleasure having Vijay working on an idea of mine, he's showed true quality of service, professionalism and would always be quick in sorting out any unforeseen problems and replying to any questions.

Thanks Vijay!
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #23531 is a reply to message #23150 ] Mon, 07 February 2011 23:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
Vijay has recently helped us to create a digital model of a scrap metal sculpture. We just gave him a set of photos. The project went very well and many thanks to Vijay for a job well done.

See here
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #27187 is a reply to message #7662 ] Mon, 09 May 2011 18:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar basgriffioen  is currently offline basgriffioen
Go to my shop
Vijay is great ! He is knowlegable, flexible, fast and very friendly (and patient...! I almost forgot...) We selected him to work out our character Chiggy (see image), based on the little pig he designed for Maartje. He delivered the same high quality we selected him for ! Great to work with Vijay and we will for sure come back to him for our next character !

Learn all about chiggy at http://www.chiggy.eu or see her in our shop http://www.shapeways.com/shops/hilaris

Thanks Vijay !!!
Bas Griffioen

index.php?t=getfile&id=8768&private=0

[Updated on: Mon, 09 May 2011 18:40 UTC]

Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #29098 is a reply to message #7662 ] Wed, 15 June 2011 14:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Archisign  is currently offline Archisign
Go to all my models
Vijay helped me this week with adjusting some models to be smoother and ready to print. After making the payment i got the 3 models back in 1 day. Great and fast service for a good price. Next time that i need something adjusted to be made ready for printing i'm sure i will contact Vijay again.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 07:06 UTC]

icon14.gif  Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #31953 is a reply to message #7662 ] Tue, 02 August 2011 06:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar coaster  is currently offline coaster
Go to my shop
Vijay is brilliant!
Its not easy trying to get your ideas across to someone half way around the world,but it can be done!Hes very understanding,Im sure he mustve been banging his head on the table a few times,after reading my emails!
Very talented.I will be sending all my work his way(if he isnt sick of me yet).
Even with exchange rates,I wouldnt be able to get the same job done here any cheaper.
Hats of to you Vijay,you are prepared to make dreams come true for people you dont know and will probably never meet.
cheers mate.
Stu.
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #33930 is a reply to message #31953 ] Wed, 07 September 2011 09:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar handler  is currently offline handler
Go to all my models
I just wanted to say that Vijay helped me with a project that I was at a standstill on. He did a great job fixing things I needed and was very pleasant to work with. I wouldn't hesitate using him again. Thanks, Vijay!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 September 2011 09:48 UTC]

-Russ
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #35575 is a reply to message #33930 ] Sat, 01 October 2011 08:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Meow Mix  is currently offline Meow Mix
Go to all my models
Message coming in...

check your PM box please. Razz
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #38431 is a reply to message #35575 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 22:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar isisjara  is currently offline isisjara
Go to my shop
Awesome modeler and very helpful person. Thank you so much!
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #39292 is a reply to message #7662 ] Sat, 26 November 2011 15:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RuggedBear  is currently offline RuggedBear
Go to all my models
I would just like to say thank you to Vijay for all his hard work. Every question answered and the finished product was genius. I will be using his services again very soon.

Thanks again

Andy
Re: Have your ideas and models created, checked, repaired, shelled, reduce polycount and coloured. [message #43617 is a reply to message #7662 ] Tue, 07 February 2012 15:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to previous message
avatar tessman  is currently offline tessman
Go to my shop
He helped me with some models recently, and I'm very happy with his work. I hope to use his expertise again.

Pages (2): [1  2    »] 

Previous Topic:we are a team of 3D modelers ,2d artist ,animators ,riggers, programmers and etc
Next Topic:Need modeler for two human figures

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.