Home »  » 3D Design » why won't this print
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
why won't this print [message #74181] Wed, 04 September 2013 18:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar jagdpanther  is currently offline jagdpanther
Go to all my models
i have a file originally created in sketchup and exported via various formats to blender. the sketchup file is considered a "solid group" in sketchup, so is watertight and the stl file which i eventually exported from blender is also watertight and printable according to "willit3dprint" and "netfabb". the file is attached in a number of formats it wouldbe appreciated if anyone could shed some light on why it is failing to print.
please note i have no printer at home and the printing is being done by an online service, i won't name them here, the printer type is an objet connex( where support material surrounds the model and must be hosed off after printing). i have more or less no pictures of what is wrong with the prints but have been told that there was "peeling" on the wings.
thank you

the zip file contains the sketchup model, some blender versions and some stl versions.

Re: why won't this print [message #74250 is a reply to message #74181 ] Thu, 05 September 2013 12:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Hey jagdpanther,

I'm sorry but I don't think this is the right place to ask for help on a model that you'll be printing through another service Wink I'm locking this thread.

Cheers,

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Help Sandstone Fails!
Next Topic:Bearings

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.