Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Modeler needed for laser chess project.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Modeler needed for laser chess project. [message #74050] Mon, 02 September 2013 15:15 UTC Go to next message
avatar Vargtass  is currently offline Vargtass
Go to all my models
Edit: Project is now completed. Thanks everyone who has shown your interest. I have a very positive first experience of shapeways and this will not be the last project I initiate on this site. Smile
____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
Hi

I have a sketchbook full of designs for a 3D printed boardgame that Im looking for a 3D modeler to help me turn into reality. The basic idea is a spinof of an existing game called Khet (http://www.khet.com/), basicly it´s laser chess, if you havn´t heard of it. Im designing a 4 player variant (for personal use).

Im a long time warhammer player so I plan to customize and hand paint each game piece using converted warhammer figures. What I need help creating is the game board and the core game pieces, all of wich needs to have certain elements of mathematical precision. The core mechanic of the game is that each game piece has a mirror that redirects a laser beam 90 degrees. So if hit from two of its sides a mirror will redirect the beam, if hit "in the back" the piece is eliminated. For the game to work the following are needed:
The game board needs to be a physical grid, and each game piece needs to fit perfectly into the grid shape so that the mirrors always align the same way and reflect the beam exactly 90 degrees. (If not the beam will be thrown off course with just a few bounces).

Im not sure if the game board is to big to print in one piece, perhaps it needs to be divided in 4 pieces that interlock. Im still sketching out the details, but so far the project involves 5 diferent pieces, and the game board.

Please contact me if you are interested and I can describe the project in closer detail.

Pontus von Geijer
vongeijerpontus@gmail.com

____________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Edit: Project is now completed. Thanks everyone who has shown your interest. I have a very positive first experience of shapeways and this will not be the last project I initiate on this site. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 12 September 2013 05:51 UTC]

Re: Modeler needed for laser chess project. [message #74097 is a reply to message #74050 ] Tue, 03 September 2013 06:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Sharpen3D  is currently offline Sharpen3D
Go to my shop
Hi,

I just sent you an Email. Could you please provide us more details about your project. Thank you

Sharpen 3D Solution
Room 1701,NO.54, YuJingGang Road,
ZhaBei District, Shanghai, China 200070
M: +86 1832 1268 329
Email: info@sharpen3d.com

Previous Topic:Astrocyte 3D model for printing
Next Topic:Designer needed to convert drawn design into printable file..

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.