Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » using inventors thread plug in
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
using inventors thread plug in [message #73932] Thu, 29 August 2013 22:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar Reed8866  is currently offline Reed8866
Go to all my models
ok so i've been working on a lightsaber project and i'm have it in two part to allow room for the electronics.
i used the inventor program with the 3d thread tool add on to make the screw thread. i printed my parts and the threads are almost right they are 1/16th off. i've tried editing the extruded parts by making them 1/16 thicker but then the 3d threading tool wouldn't work.

anyone got any ideas?
Re: using inventors thread plug in [message #73967 is a reply to message #73932 ] Fri, 30 August 2013 17:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar FreeRangeBrain  is currently offline FreeRangeBrain
Go to my shop
I haven't used the 3D thread tool in inventor. Assuming you can't make a custom thread specification using that tool, you may need to model the thread manually. Use the Coil command. I'd recommend tinkering with it in a separate file first until you are confident you have the geometry you need. For a snug fit in WSF or alumide leave 0.005" to 0.006" clearance between mating faces.

Creativity - sometimes by the brute force method.

Previous Topic:Printing a thin overlay with details
Next Topic:Reduced volume increased price?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.